Now Showing: The B*A*R*R*O*N*S GAME!

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by stonedinvestor, Dec 6, 2008.

1. ... and remember when your bank says no. We then say no too. This message brought to you buy CIT Group... now BACK TO THE SHOW

GREETINGs folks PPDI was profiled in our last edition of the barron's game at $22.

>
    In Dividends, Pharmaceutical Product developed is mentioned and they point to a prior bullish piece on the name on Aug 12... This is a very well run outsourcing co for drug makers and a stock I have used in years past. With a raised dividend PPD could certainly be worth a look. Especiallly since it's trading as a 50% off sale.
    Stk #11

This is one of the ones we did not buy but every stk in the Barrons game is continually graphed and watched to some extent (we bought GMCR off this list by the way) This stock has performed very well it's one of those weird stks that keeps making every cut down of watch lists yet for some reason you just don't end up buying it. Not sexy maybe but contracting for the drug industry- that's probably a pretty recession resistant name if you think about it. Today it had a nice near $2 pull in from top to bottom giving us a chance to get in. Annoying word sent me be with seven minutes left in the day, let's see if the Hedge Fund gets it done.

The other obvious move would be to go with one of the car companies for the last minute bailout; I just couldn't bring myself to do it knowing what I do of their businesses...~stoney

#21     Dec 11, 2008
  2. WE INTERRUPT FOR A SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT....

Folks we like to end threads with the good news that started them so here it is-

FHC 3.63 +0.35 +10.67%.....

$2.90 to $3.60... another huge win for the Barrons game. If you note a certain lack of the usual enthusiasm it's because I chickened out and did not buy yesterday. I was thiiiiiiis close. No guts no glory is lesson one for you guys out there. But lesson two is you can originate a watch list from anything, even barron's and you need not go with what they tell you too just a date... and an idea, if you do the research you will get the prize. Week after week after week.

In this case, maybe I researched too much, I found a chink in the story and held on to that while missing the bigger story-- " the sound "... Yes it sounds funny to say but the old female condom made a huge squishy sound in and out with every thrust and thus women didn't like it... like a stealth bomber the new model is much quieter that's going to equal big sales and a big gain for this stock.

In giving lessons i receive them too. Well, this has been an incredibly successful edition of the game and we have rotated into PPDI @ $25.65 w/ $28 plus being a break out.

May I leave you with this one thought:
    The Giants Will Thrash The Cowboys!
    Take that topdown, I know you are out there and I didn't return that nice email for a reason- black magic reason, good luck reason- soon I will. Count On It! ~ stoney

#22     Dec 12, 2008