Now its 9-0-9

Discussion in 'Politics' started by AK Forty Seven, Oct 21, 2011.

1. Lucrum

Lucrum

Says the transgender she male nurse whose parents live in the same Appalachian region I do. And presumably was at least at one time living here <s>himself</s> herself.

:D

And I WILL vote for Cain should he get the nomination. Once again you show why you're giving the elderly enemas for a living.

#21     Oct 22, 2011
  2. kut2k2

kut2k2

I finally figured out that Cain is/was more naive than he is stupid. He thought he could rightly criticize Perry's racist rock until Rush Limbaugh schooled him that he wasn't there to criticize white racists, he was there to cover for white racists.

He also believed the teavangelists and their "small government" position, so he rightly reasoned that being for a smaller and non-intrusive government meant being pro-choice, i.e., keep the government out of women's wombs. Then he found out that "small government", at least from the mostly theocratic teabaggers, really means "BIG theocratic government", including of course an anti-abortion stance.

So naturally he looks and sounds like a complete fool trying to reconcile his already-stated pro-choice stance and his newly imposed anti-choice stance. The man is more gutless than brainless, because he can't own up to the obvious corner the teabaggers have painted him into.

#22     Oct 22, 2011

3. I think you are right about Cain. What is sad is that the GOP base is looking for someone other than Romney, and the main reason is that he is not a xenophobe. It could not be for any other reason.

#23     Oct 22, 2011
  4. kut2k2

kut2k2

Well there is also the fact that he is a Mormon, and most Christian fundies can't stand Mormons. They don't even consider them to be Christians, despite the fact that most Mormons (including probably Romney himself) belong to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Doesn't look good for Romney or Huntsman.

#24     Oct 22, 2011
  5. Tragic if you are a thinking Pub, which is nearly oxymoronic I know. But there are members of the GOP who know that the Rush wing of the party has no future. As I have said before, the GOP must chase the dixiecrats ( most of today's conservatives) out of the party. If they cannot, then true fiscal hawks will never get a real foothold. As I type this, regrettably, I don't think it will make a difference either way as we are well past the Event Horizon. A large part of the world now knows that NATO( read USA and friends) are now openly flouting International law and assassinating heads of states. At some point there will be military response to this from the East ( which includes Russia and China), if this practice continues. We won WWII because of our ability to harness nearly unlimited resources. The last coalition we faced was Germany, Italy and Japan all with severely limited production capacity. The next coalition we may face may consist of Russia, China, and the Gulf States acting in concert. I think it was a terrible idea to assassinate Qaddafi, and this might come back to bite us sooner rather than later. This video was posted upstairs in the trading forums. It was chilling.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/GuqZfaj34nc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

#25     Oct 22, 2011