'Now is not the time for cold feet,' Palin says of Afghanistan

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Mercor, Oct 7, 2009.

1. When Reagen put Marines into the Lebanese Airport without rounds in the magazines. Who was the quitter then?

When he drew the 1/8 out of Lebanon without firing a shot. Who was the quitter then.

When the French lit up the bekkaa at the behest of America because we didn't have the will to do it. Who was the quitter then?

Let's dispense with the lack of historical knowledge...shall we.

#31     Oct 7, 2009
  2. Ricter

Ricter

I once believed that about Americans and quitting, but I no longer do. The (New) American Dream is to quit working, retire young and wealthy, and let those less fortunate than you wait on you.

Quitting is our new ideal.

#32     Oct 7, 2009
  3. maxpi

maxpi

She's a light weight, she'll never be any Winston Churchill by a long shot... they burned her church to the tune of a million dollars in damage, they investigated her 13 times and she had to spend a half million in personal money defending herself against meaningless legal stuff... I'd probably quit too... I'm telling you, Libtards HATE HER WITH A PASSION..

#33     Oct 7, 2009
  4. kut2k2

kut2k2

But, Doc, those guys thrive on lack of knowledge, historical and every other kind. I swear, if willful ignorance was a stock, they'd all own billions of shares. :D

#34     Oct 8, 2009
  5. Obama bowed down to the King of Saudi Arabia (the defacto spiritual leader of the Sunni Muslims and the Protector of Islam's holy sites), and CO, you expect him to take on any Muslim country that harbors Islamists hostile to the US??

A true military victory would mean war with Pakistan. They are preventing the US from hunting down Al Qaeda and destroying the Taliban. It is not worth the cost now so I agree with you that containment is the best option for now, and that conventional forces should be pulled out.

Anyway, the #1 threat to the US and the rest of the world is not Iraq, Afghanistan, Pakistan, the Taliban, or Al Qaeda, but Iran. The theocratic regime in Iran must be overthrown or its nuclear ability totally destroyed or there will be nuclear war. Nuclear war is not at all frightening to Muslim religious zealots that wholly believe the Mahdi will come afterwards, and they will be amply rewarded with heavenly rewards for bringing about the period where the Muslim Messiah will reign over the entire world.

#35     Oct 8, 2009
  6. That is stupid to read anything into that. Years ago I took Tae Kwon Do and when we entered the room we bowed. It was just a courtesy, and meant nothing except being polite. If someone from a country where shaking hands isn't a part of the normal customs, does them shaking an American's hand mean they are changing their morals or being submissive to us, hardly. If a foreigner takes off his hat and has a moment of silence when our national anthem is played is he a traitor to his country...no of course not.

#36     Oct 8, 2009
    #37     Oct 8, 2009
  8. Tresor

Tresor

#38     Oct 8, 2009
  9. I'll take this as your justification for Obama being a quitter.

Thanks.

#39     Oct 8, 2009
  10. Lucrum

Lucrum

While I would personally prefer Palin as POTUS over Obama, Biden, McCain or Pelosi (which isn't saying much). I'd be surprised to see her win the nomination and shocked to see her win an election.

#40     Oct 8, 2009