now ebay could fall further...

Discussion in 'Trading' started by heilbronner, Apr 9, 2003.

1. I have to agree with you. Only on yahoo would there be idiots who think it would take this steamroller two whole weeks to get to 100.

We do not need that kind of cheerleading here. I think it would help us to clear our minds and get centered if we each took the time to reflect and meditate and then post our personal response to the question : "Why do I love eBay?"

As the Number One Ebay Fan, I will go first: I love eBay because it is like Da Bears, it never lets you down in the fourth quarter.

#111     Apr 26, 2003
  2. Every stock is up an a day like this, except EBAY!
    No one willing to buy? Is this typical stock rotation?

#112     Apr 28, 2003
  3. balda

balda

Now it looks good to short, on daily there is convergence/divergence

#113     Apr 29, 2003
  4. ebay seems to be reversing yesterday's weakness rather decisively. Markets in strong trends will give bogus oversold readings on oscillators and can put in multiple divergences. You need a price trigger to enter off a divergence, such as a trendline break. Anything cna happen obviously, but I just don't see the short setup here, other than the fact that it has had a good runup.

#114     Apr 30, 2003
  5. Jake777

Jake777

Hello.

I would like to say some things. I said back in middle of April, that I disagreed with those shorting ebay in this thread, and that I would buy the stock back then.

I cannot understand why people would think about shorting ebay, now. It's making multi year highs. Pop out of ascending triangle on good volume. support at 92 ish (falling volume, pullback flag), pop out again, higher high on Friday. Market also going up at the same time. No reversal signs yet, no crazy volume and volatility. No reversal patterns. I mean, I just don't get it - am I missing something here?

Are there technical indicators that point to this stock reversing, which I don't know about? Okay, I guess there's a very good chance that that could be true, since I only use bar charts with volume. Is there some news about to come out? I guess that could be true too, since I don't pay a lot of attention to news.

Please know that I am not a big time trader and I have been wrong many times in the past. I short stocks, I'm not biased to the long side. And yes, I have to say that I am late quite often - buying stocks that make new highs and shorting stocks making new lows is what I do a lot of times.

What are some of the reasons for shorting Ebay here?

I really appreciate your input. Thank you.

Jake

#115     May 3, 2003
  6. anyone else looking to short EBAY?

Just wondering:D

#116     May 4, 2003