!Now Accepting Donations!

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by ksmetana, Aug 16, 2012.

1. I started my first account with one OEX option at 3 1/4, I only added 2k once when my uncle left me 4k and I slpit it with my wife, and raised three kids trading full time for 13 years until I blew up.

9 years in business for myself until I could come up with 30k and a years expenses.

switched from wheat corn and beans to ES with 28k and got a job working the C store at night

I'm still living off that money

if you are a gambler, you will always come up with a new stash

Everybody likes it, but you have to want it.

#11     Aug 16, 2012
  2. Thanks for the intel. Yeah, could be the same person by the style. surf

Yeah, did hitman ever win the princess's heart?

#12     Aug 16, 2012
  3. No I don't blame the firm or the split. While I do think the office environment had me focusing too much on very small time frames, my problem was more-so my lack of funding and my fear of failure / desire to succeed.

During that entire year of trading, I did not hold overnight once. Not one single swing trade, because I was petrified to hold even 100 shares overnight.

Anyway, that trader is dead. I now laugh at some of the stuff I was doing. What I mean is, while I'm confident the majority of the trade ideas were actually good, it is amusing how I handled them. Is that style of trading potentially successful. Hell yes it is, but I am not in the financial position to play that game. At this point, even if I were in a strong financial position, I would only commit 10% max to that style.

The pure day trading days are done. I am much more of a market player now, with select day trades, the stuff that is too good. More of a portfolio man, setting money out with different agendas.

An example of the different me, take FB. In the past I would have just logged in each morning and waited for an intraday setup, desparate for a way to be involved, often unable to take advantage of my negative bias on the stock. Today, I would take a step back, and assess the situation. Build expectations, and then the stock reacts as I predict, I build a plan to get involved. Much more of a price point person. The only patterns I need involve the behavior at price points. I'm in no rush, I'm relaxed and calm.

The most important step in getting to the next level is admitting my faults. I am humble and the criticism / feedback are important. Again, that approach taught me a lot, and I do not regret it. Now it is time to define my real edges and find the game that actually suits me.

Anyway, I'm not here to prove a difference, I am here for donations. Those who donate will not receive a return on their investment, only the satisfaction of being a generous benefactor of a great cause.

I did just get my new trading computer set up, so the demo-ing begins soon. My journal is coming back soon. The verdict is coming. In the meantime, I need to build capital.

I've been learning java recently, starting to get into programming so that I can get automated. I know java is the wrong language, but I'll get to C soon enough. Baby steps, but let me tell you, a $25k donation would be sweet.

#13     Aug 16, 2012
  4. stop posting your bullshit, the intelligence of a poster is directly inverse to the length of his posts (or in my case the quantity.)

when you get done loving yourself and start loving risk come back and ask an intelligent question.

#14     Aug 16, 2012
  5. hahahaha ownage

p.s. my first donation just hit, i'm on my way

#15     Aug 16, 2012
  6. "Yes, I trade daily from my work computer. I live in California, so I generally get some afternoon day trading in, and then make bets on how the market will open the next day.

Yes, customers have lost me opportunities at money haha

Most of the staff above me knows I trade. Since the market closes at 1pm here in California, it isn't too big of a deal, as I don't start work until 11am."

This was the fist post of a person over two years ago. It was you.

As mentioned, you can save at a rate of 25K every 6 months.

In 27 months, William J. O'Niell turned 500 bucks into what he needed to serve the financial industry as he does today.

A salesperson sold me my medicare. She asked what I did so on Saurdays she and her boyfriend and her brother and her stepson came with breakfast and they learned to trade until noon for a few weeks.

Her first month she made 30K on 100K of capital (real real money).....BUT she didn't enjoy position trading (it takes 15 mins./day).

So she quit. Her stepson collects corvettes.

O'Neill rents an institutional trading service for 44K a year.

So you have gotten to fear, anxiety, anger and hope.

Get darkhorse to teach your GF to trade. If she likes it, you have it made. Darkhorse has less of an age gap with your GF than the age gap I had with the salesperson. We are going to Hawaii the first week of September.

Like in your first post, you have to just watch. Don't think about trading anymore.

fear, anxiety, anger, hope........the four price drivers of CW. lol

#16     Aug 16, 2012
  7. d08

d08

Uhm, right. Someone who really needs the money doesn't word it like that.
    You say you are hungry enough but you really aren't.
    The person you were before, the one you laugh at now, is still inside you and will come out once real money and real emotions are involved - he never completely goes away, you just have to learn to control him enough, so you can do what is needed.

Sorry for sounding like an ass but that's how I see it.

#17     Aug 16, 2012
  8. another thread goes on "unsubscribe"

I don't know who you think you are tring to fool, why don't you go over on yahoo where they eat that shit up?

everything you touch turns to mud

until you change your ways, it's just a matter of how many you can take down with you

#18     Aug 16, 2012
  9. Sounds like your last donation

#19     Aug 16, 2012