November bad month for trend follower???

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by laputa, Nov 9, 2006.

1. laputa

laputa

Hi,

Somehow, my system has a strong correlation of bad performance in November. Just now it's whipsawing in almost every market I trade and the system ain't doing anything and is dead flat...

Does anyone else have the same experience? Maybe Nov is a month that simply doesn't move?

2. don't feel bad. even john henry can't seem to find the trend.

good luck!

surf

3. You are full of crap surf. I follow the trends and its been a fantastic month so far. Wonderful !!!

4. laputa

laputa

Good to hear people are making $$$$

For me, I've been chopped to death this week especially in Silver and Natural Gas... :(

arrrgh... I guess I'm out of sync for the month...

5. sorry kiwi. JWH just suffered the 2nd month this year that all 9 funds were negative. He has underperformed the SP for 5, 3 and 1 year time frames and 7 out of his 9 funds are losing money this year.

surf

6. Attaboy Kiwi.

Like anything, there are individuals that are good at what they do and others that aren't.

Indianapolis Colt's Manning vs. Cleveland Brown's Frye comes to mind. Just because Frye is awful QB doesn't mean the position is worthless. :D

7. bolter

bolter

Trend following funds traditionally deliver strong returns in Nov & Dec. The first 7 trading days of this month have been the best start we've had this year, although April 06 was close. And our strategy is fairly indicative.

All the best,
    bolter