Notre Dame, Paris, burning

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Banjo, Apr 15, 2019.

1. Banjo

Banjo

2. vanzandt

vanzandt

3. CSEtrader

CSEtrader

Absolutely terrible!
    So glad that on ET the thread is already here, thank you.OP.
    it feels so sad .... it is more much then just architectural chef-d'oeuvre... it is in Victor Hugo and in Hemingway and in so so many memories, dreams...
    https://www.rt.com/news/456631-fire-stopped-notre-dame/

β€œHe who contemplates the depths of Paris is seized with vertigo.
    Nothing is more fantastic. Nothing is more tragic.
    Nothing is more sublime.”
    ― Victor Hugo

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 15, 2019
    vanzandt likes this.
  4. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

Very sad and hopefully they saved as much of historical collections that were there.

The structure can be rebuilt but the history that was stored inside is lost forever. Hopefully many of the art were copies and the originals were stored at another location. :(

My grandparents on my mother side spent a lot of times there...often attended mass there and photographing one of the greatest Gothic architectural structures in Paris.

wrbtrader

CSEtrader likes this.
  5. Banjo

Banjo

6. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

Places of worship has burned down own their own or attacked for hundreds of years in almost all religions.

wrbtrader

7. mlawson71

mlawson71

My heart broke as I watched it burning. All that history lost forever. Even if they rebuild it, priceless original architectural details are gone.

CSEtrader likes this.
  8. This is what you get when you import muslims by the millions into your country. They have no respect for history.

elderado likes this.
  9. Do you have any special information you'd like to share with us, or are you just special?

Cuddles likes this.
  10. Do you mean like the link that Banjo posted?

#10     Apr 17, 2019