Notification when receiving dividends

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by jrkob, Dec 30, 2020.

1. jrkob

jrkob

Guys, is there a way to receive an SMS or an email (to my registered email with IB) whenever my IB account is credited with a dividend ?

I contacted IB via chat and the lady said no, but she didn't seem very sure of what she was telling me, so asking here. She said I should be receiving a message in my Inbox, but I do not even get this (she offered no explanation as to why I do not receive these messages).

So from what she said, they just dump the money into my account and it's for me to download statements and figure out what and when dividends were paid.

Any other more advanced solution for what I'm trying to do ?

Thanks.

JR

murray t turtle likes this.
  2. %%
    INBOX/email/ or some brokers have it thru ''message center'' Or in 2 or 3 places; i get mine email note, +brokerage message.
    PLUS it should be in you ''activity'', + P&L...... .NOT likely they just ''dump it ''
    NEVER got mine in a hurray =murray TT
    SPY for example, if i remember right + usually do/it posts JAN 31, on a late DEC pay date.............................................................................................I also make myself a note, in my notebook ,of when its due[month]:caution::caution: