Notice To All Members From Moderator

Discussion in 'Trading' started by zboy2854A, Sep 13, 2001.

1. Venting and so forth.

I've read a lot in the last few days. Personally I hate to see everyone fight over so many things.

I'll offer one of my daily routines of venting. The gym. There is a 80 lb punching bag there. I visit it daily before my workout and project all my emotions on it. I then proceed to beat the living cr*p out of it. I've been told by other gym members it is a sight to watch, with my shirt off, tattoos of bulls/bears on my arms, covered in sweat and watching that bag fly all over the place. I've also learned heavily how to hit putting all my weight into each punch. I do this venting because I find it to be one of the best workouts I know (it's my warmup before I start to lift weights) than I lift till I can lift no more and return to that bag to again work myself silly.

This is part of my daily routine. I make sure that I carry no emotional baggage into the next day. I'll also think of all my trades during this time and vent out on all the bad ones.

Don't use this message board to vent. Find some other release where no other human being will be affected --find your own heavy bag.

With Love
    Robert Tharp

#11     Sep 14, 2001
  2. hi robert,
    you kidding with the bull/bear tattoo on you arms....

#12     Sep 14, 2001
  3. on tattoos actually no I'm not kidding.

They are on both of my shoulders. There is a bear on my left shoulder and a bull on my right. They are high up so unless you would see me without a shirt (meaning I'm surfing, messing around with a female, jogging, or hitting the bag, ) than you would never know.

Girls tend to mistake the bull for me being a Taurus but I was born in June.

Trading is in my blood and this was me having some fun showing it. Maybe someday I'll get them removed but for now I enjoy having them.

rtharp

#13     Sep 14, 2001
  4. #14     Sep 14, 2001
  5. andrasnm and others,

I understand your concern about my deleting your thread, and I can only say that my job as a moderator requires me to make personal judgements on a case by case basis as to whether a thread or post could be considered as falling under one of the guidelines I described. Undoubtedly there will be times that you will disagree with my judgement or have not intended to be hyping or posting something disruptive. However, I have watched the quality of information and discourse on these boards as a whole decline over the past several months, and I hope you understand that in order to steer these boards back to the focused and on topic place that it used to be, I must become much stricter regarding what is allowed here.

Also realize that yes, this could be construed as censorship, but this is not a publicly owned and operated site protected by the First Amendment. It is privately owned and operated, and therefore subject to the standards chosen by Baron and carried out by myself and the other moderators of these forums.

I have not deleted the threads regarding the NY terrorist post, as this is an extraordinary time and we are traders but first human beings who are seeking solace and comfort in camraderie with our fellow traders. Once the markets reopen on Monday, however, no further posts will be allowed on any of those threads.

#15     Sep 14, 2001
  6. tntneo

tntneo Moderator

The standards are the same for all parts and discussion sections. So what zBoy mentions is true for the other moderators as well. Just wanted to make it clear.

neo

#16     Sep 14, 2001
  7. vinigar

vinigar

Zboy,
    Referees', judges etc., are not always right in the calls they have to make...its not an easy job; also not to many people are willing to step up to the plate and take on the respnsibilities of the job like you are doing...I agree with you...attacks on people, profanity needs to be controlled...you can agree or disagree, thats fine, but you don't need to character assassinate someone...sometimes its a fine line as regards the judgement you have to make...if your not doing a good job, you'll hear from the bulk of us and Baron...so far I would like to thank you for taking the time and effort in keeping the site clean! Its because of good people like you that we can exchange ideas freely without harrassment.........THANKS:D :D :D :D :D

#17     Sep 15, 2001
  8. I am new to the forum. I have been looking for a place to discuss trading that does not have the usual spam and bickering. This forum seems to fill the bill for the most part. My vote, fwiw, is to stick to trading, tho. I get all the violence I can handle on the evening news.

#18     Sep 15, 2001
  9. limbo

limbo

Zboy/Moderators--I think I was the first to point out and make recommendation that you should immediately close the world trade center terrorist thread as I saw it straying(inevitably) into territory that is not the business of this site. You chose not to follow my advice. Now we must look back and decide was it best to keep the thread open. I'm not sure. I have not made my decision yet. However, I think perhaps I was wrong. A venting vehicle was provided proving we all have different ideas. I know this site has helped me to get through this atrocity. I thank you(ET) and I thank my fellow members.

#19     Sep 15, 2001
  10. tntneo

tntneo Moderator

the event is extraordinary and caught us all deeply.
    the thread remained open and it's fine. but it was exceptional. As zboy already pointed out, when business resumes we go back to business and the forum's rules and policies will be strictly followed.
    neo

#20     Sep 15, 2001