Nothing pisses me off more...

Discussion in 'Economics' started by jonbig04, Jun 8, 2008.

1. Than when people say we're not in a recession. Like that dennis guy on CNBC with the glasses. Such an idiot.

2. well technically we aren't.

3. And what changes if we actually are or are not in a recession? Does it make trading any different? I don't understand the obsession with this technicality.

4. Sorry I was unclear. It's not the technicality I hate, its the idea that everything that was wrong with the economy was somehow fixed after BSC tanked. That dennis guy just gets under my skin.

5. this Dennis?

6. spidey

spidey

All the asshats on TV buy into the govt. numbers. If you believe inflation is 4%, then everything is fine.

And if you make 500K a year, who cares if gas is a little more?

7. Who cares if we are or if we're not.

All you should care about as a trader is that you get nice clean moves and medium to high volatility.

8. TGregg

TGregg

Recession is generally defined as a decline in GDP for two consecutive quarters. Since the US GDP increased last quarter, that means by definition that we are not in a recession.
    http://www.investorwords.com/4086/recession.html

Inflation isn't recession. I realize these words have three syllables and can be difficult to grasp, but posters in Econ should make the effort.