Nothing Beats Price Action, Everything Else is Derivative

Discussion in 'Trading' started by MandelbrotSet, May 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yeah right.

That Joe Ross stuff was priceless too. very priceless,

Sooooo funny........LOL....

#41     May 13, 2008
  2. Sooo true.

And the volume on the DOM leads price on the DOM. There are many more pulls on DOM than T&S trades.

The DOM is like the approach clubs and front running is like having to putt last because you are closest to the hole (assuming you use clubs as part of playing golf.).....

LOL soooo funny that bighog.

#42     May 13, 2008
  3. You haven't said one relevant thing jack.

You just came here to trash talk bighog and I see that he hans't deigned to respond to your jabs.

Leave it alone and leave him alone, I've met spyder and I like him, but if you really want people to believe 1/1000th of what you say show your PnL's.

Yeah, I thought so. :D

Everyone knows that you talk out the side of your head, but as far as spyder is concerned, that's OK. I always give me friends the benifit of the doubt. :cool:

#43     May 13, 2008
  4. <i>"You can see market turns on the DOM before you see the price prints on a chart."</i>

You will see a lot of b.s. on the dome, too. Learning to filter out reality from phantom orders is a mental lag that brings dome action to par with price bars.

When a price bar closes on a chart, it has a ring of finality and decisive truth that no other indication can match. Said simply, reading price bars is like key ingredients to Ragu sauce... it's in there. Everything.

No one needs to use indicators, but traders are certainly welcome to. No one needs to draw so many lines on a chart it'd give Stevie Wonder a headache at first glance.

All of that extra effort is fine, but it's just extra effort in the end.

#44     May 13, 2008
  5. The DOM constantly lies as it tells the story, price tells it like it is closing one chapter after another at the end of the trading day.

Why don't tell the whole story like it is, as price does, instead of preaching like some god damned, pun intended, Messiah who writes in hieroglyphics and gags on his own drool.

NN

#45     May 13, 2008
  6. dude I wish I had figured this out a long time ago. studying PA helps clear up the pychology of the market(what people are doing, panics, greed, etc) and this information is much more valuable to me than what an oscillator is doing which is based on what i want to look at anyway. I would rather intepret that myself(and maybe get the jump of the indicator users).
    it only took me a few years to get it but man iam glad i did. :D

#46     May 13, 2008
  7. tyler19

tyler19

I always hear people talking about price action. What the hell how the hell do you learn price action?!
    Thanks.

#47     May 13, 2008
  8. This is true as well. Your opinions are well-respected in my book. The DOM seems more suited to scalping and short swings. I think you can catch longer moves off a price chart. And it depends on what market. There is a big difference between the DOM for ES and YG for example. I would not even consider trading the YG off the DOM.
    True, there is a lot of faking going on but they can't hide actual trades at the market price.

#48     May 13, 2008
  9. good question for the OP. For me it is tape reading of which a big part is watching time and sales.

#49     May 13, 2008
  10. Um the price is the price?:confused:

#50     May 14, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.