Nothing Beats Price Action, Everything Else is Derivative

Discussion in 'Trading' started by MandelbrotSet, May 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I am awaiting SpyderTrader and Jack Hershey (the king of obfuscation) to come charging in and tell us that it is absolutely ESSENTIAL to make things hypercomplicated if you want success.

"I see dead people. They don't know they are dead. They see what they want to see"

#21     May 13, 2008
  2. One of the best quotes I've ever read, and the "secret" to honing your skills and making money consistently in any and all markets. :)

#22     May 13, 2008
  3. Feel like fart in a spacesuit, but whatever... I'm a fan of both PA and indicators combined. Each must stand on it's own merits and together are better... for me.

Mandel I'm interested in how long you were on the fence and more importantly, what finally made you jump off it?

#23     May 13, 2008
  4. LOLOL, how do you think I "evolved" to using price action?

:) :D :eek:

#24     May 13, 2008
  5. Frankly, were I you and using a golf ball, I would also get and use golf clubs........ G O L F C L U B S........You will be surprised how helpful GOLF CLUBS are when you are playing golf. get the Robin Williams youtube for more details. Don't expect to understand Robin the first few times through, though.

Less may be better BUT clubs do shorten the game a little.

For trading, keep up the amusement. Have you ever been stalled in a tunnel and the fans failed???

#25     May 13, 2008
  6. boy are you in for a surprise.

#26     May 13, 2008
  7. You play golf without clubs so you figured to not use tools to trade price.

#27     May 13, 2008
  8. That's cool. Traders trade, and the Price Action is ecumenical (inclusive of other belief systems) in my reality tunnel.
    Been on the fence for years, constantly looking for the magic indicator that could tell me what price action is going to do before it does it. :p

Ultimately it's seeing (and making notes in my trading diary) over and over again what happens when I am applying the rules of price action and TA to my trading and ignoring those indicators on my charts, so finally I just took them off and ... voilà!

The moves are fast and distinct, and by the ring of the cash register (positive reinforcement at its best :D ) I can "hear" the market speaking to me and telling this is the correct way to trade.

#28     May 13, 2008
  9. Jack, you can't even form a simple KISS sentence about fucking golf for crying out loud. "I would use golf clubs" Duh! WTF Jacko?
    And how about two or three fucking putters? Oh, and how about one of those site/distance scopes? You could write a fucking MeinKempf thick book on how to walk the fairways and give it to Spyder to then go back to the caddy shack and recite "the commandments according to Jacko" to all the little caddies.

Then all the little newbie caddies would go out on a loop and tell all the other golfers the nuggets and secrets they "learned" from Spyder who learned from Jack and then the golfers would all start lying about their scores and handicaps to each other all knowing full well that the system of golf according to Jack does'nt work but they won't admit it because they all spent three summers learning the Jacko game of golf and are afraid to admit what a HUGE FUCKING WASTE OF TIME IT FUCKING WAS!!!@!@!!

GEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZUUUUUUSSSSSS!

#29     May 13, 2008
  10. That's a quote from a response I gave to El Cubano where he refers to the cash register as being the best indicator of all.

I personally agree with him on that statement, but like I said, I'm ecumenical in nature, so if you don't believe that also, it's perfectly fine with me ... :p

LOLOL, luv ya jack!

#30     May 13, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.