Nothing Beats Price Action, Everything Else is Derivative

Discussion in 'Trading' started by MandelbrotSet, May 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eagle

eagle

I couldn't imagine that price action is still in doubt. The underlying problem is that price action is very hard to interpret correctly. Miss interpreted will result a rejection of its usefulness to be the best of all.

#11     May 13, 2008
  2. skim

skim

Sssshhhhhhhhh!
    Don't let cats out of bags!
    And remember; we need cannon fodder.
    Lots of newbies, lots of dosh, lots of naivety. :D

#12     May 13, 2008
  3. I see what you are saying and I agree 100%.

I am including Techanical Analysis here as a subset of pure Price Action, as it is formed by it. But you can seperate it out, that's fine, and time is critical when observing setups and entering them (if scalping) so that is an important factor as well.

Speaking of scalping, the most successful (and safest) scalps are always made in the direction of the dominant trend with an eye to potential support/resistant levels to take profit ... if you don't scalp in the direction of the trend, quite often you will find that you have 5 seconds or less to exit your trade. :eek:

#13     May 13, 2008
  4. piezoe

piezoe

Well, we are on the same wavelength, exactly!

#14     May 13, 2008
  5. bobh1140

bobh1140

Speaking of price action there was an article by Al Brooks title five minutes to fame in the E-mini in the may 2008 Futures magazine

#15     May 13, 2008
  6. Lucrum

Lucrum

Two posts in four years? Getting a bit chatty aren't you?

:D

I saw that article and it looks awfully familiar. I've seen it or one very similar somewhere else recently.

Any way I enjoyed it.

#16     May 13, 2008
  7. Oh I think the Jag-Bags over at Pureshit could come up with a way to charge suckers,,er..I mean noobies for an "Alex' Super Duper Price ACtion only room " and probably charge twice as much for it.

Price action rocks. I used every friggin indicator in the universe I think, and anything over 1 or 2 is Indicator Overkill imo.

#17     May 13, 2008
  8. I'll be honest. The moment I see an indicator on a trader's screen any respect I had for that person as a trader, rapidly fades away.

NN

#18     May 13, 2008
  9. ElCubano

ElCubano

the only indicator i use is P&L.....now that mo-fo never lies....flip a coin pick a side and monitor the p&l to tell you wether to add or unload....:D

#19     May 13, 2008
  10. bighog

bighog Guest

Holy shit. I thread that in 3 pages has more nuggets of truth than 100 other threads combined. What is this a thread of realists only? .. :D

I read Joe Ross, bought about 4 or 5 of his overpriced books about a decade or more ago. Overpriced yes, but the nuggets i gleaned have made me many returns so it was a great investment. Joe Ross spoke in plain tough love english because what he was telling the readers was plain talk simple truth about price action. I bought the first book and knew i was going to get the others except options and his sons one about the ponies. I knew plenty of greek restaurant owners in Chicago and the burbs to find out how to lose money at the tracks. I remember once i told "Nick" i was starting to trade futures and he said "i know how to lose a 100 grand in Gold real fast" .. :eek:

Agree with greddy..........bingo, aside from a dam straight old timer like a Joe Ross who can sell price action alone? Right on greddy, you get the brass ring for putting the myth of selling the latest, greatest bunch of "Witchcraft" to rest.

Personally i developed into a price action guy from the process of eliminiation, as my trading progressed i used less and less "TOYS" to understand what price might do next. Trial and error under fire taught me that "LESS IS BETTER". I became fully aware why 90% or more lose in a probability game. Kind of scary to tell you the truth how simple trading can be and still be a very difficult game to even consider to be on top of your game. Golf is you and the ball, anything beyond that is excuse why your score was bad. Trading is you and price. What more do we need to know?

#20     May 13, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.