Noted thinker, Michele Bachmann, considers running for president

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Gabfly1, Mar 25, 2011.

1. Lucrum

Lucrum

:confused: :confused:

[​IMG]

#11     Mar 25, 2011
  2. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

but what makes it "stoopid"? the fact that the media reported it and no one had any facts to either support/counter it? because to this day, it still was reported in all sorts of media outlets, but there is no proof that it is wrong apart from some folks going "there's no way it can cost that".

i mean, it's not like she said that there were 57 states or something like that.

regarding obama's trip to india (which was apparently the most expensive in any president's history) i wonder how much it does cost to bring forty planes, six heavy armored cars, 3000 people, etc.

it cannot be cheap, which is the essence of the argument. so unless you or mr cooper in the video has facts to refute her claim (which no one does), the better statement is not "you're wrong" but "where do you get these facts from" which Cooper asked - and she replied: the media.

so if that is all you have in your arsenal of bachmann hate, you'll excuse me while i hit the snooze button.

#12     Mar 25, 2011
  3. Lucrum

Lucrum

I don't claim to know what it costs. But $200,000,000 a day is probably not as far fetched as it appears on the surface.

#13     Mar 25, 2011
  4. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

i'm not so much concerned with the amount as the act. it is clear that the president cares nothing for the economic woes the world and country are in.

#14     Mar 25, 2011
  5. #15     Mar 25, 2011
  6. Lucrum

Lucrum

#16     Mar 25, 2011
  7. Ricter

Ricter

He never actually uttered "57", you have to subtract the gap and/or do the arithmetic yourself to make that conclusion. Had a friend been thinking out loud like that you might kid them about it, but you would of course correctly interpret their meaning.

#17     Mar 25, 2011
  8. Lucrum

Lucrum

:confused: :confused:

Are you stupid? He clearly said "57 with one more to go". That's 58 if you can't add.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/EpGH02DtIws" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

#18     Mar 25, 2011
  9. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

he did say it, as Lucrum was so generous to point out, but you're right - it was a gaff. not necessarily indicative of intelligence (or the lack thereof). my point is that politicians the world over speak before being informed, and due to the nature of them constantly being in the spotlight, it is only a matter of time before they say something stupid, uninformed, or flat out incorrect.

judging one politician on the basis of such and insinuating they are not qualified is useless.

#19     Mar 25, 2011
  10. Ricter

Ricter

I recommend you try listening to the video, but not look at it, since you don't like him.

#20     Mar 25, 2011