Note to self: filming my own room could result in hate crime charges.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by pcp198, Mar 17, 2012.

1. pspr

pspr

What Ravi should have done was gone to the local newspaper with the video and had the pictures put in the newspaper. There is no way I would want that shit going on in a dorm room I was sharing.

Rutgers should have made sure that gays and straights had rules against such activity in shared rooms and they knew the rules. The school should be held fully to blame for any fault about what happened. Although, there should be no criminal fault anyway.

This "hate crime" crap has got to go. There are crimes and there are no-crimes. That is all.

#11     Mar 17, 2012
  2. Dharun Ravi was found guilty and is now facing up to 10 years behind bars for this shocking 'hate crime',
    ----------------

He is just a kid. Basically both of them are just kids.

What's the lesson here?

#12     Mar 17, 2012
  3. He should be jailed for 20 years and placed in a cell full of man-lovers :eek:

He should then be deported back to Pakistan, after being given hospital treatment for his ripped anus. Once he is in Pakistan, I am sure the homophobic Taliban will take good care of him.

God bless Israel, USA and freedom of sexuality. Equal rights for all, including gays!

#13     Mar 17, 2012
  4. Rob227

Rob227

+1

The OP needs to read over the article again because he seems to be missing a lot of key details of what happened.

Maybe ask yourself if you'd like someone secretly filming you in the privacy of where you live, without your knowledge and then sharing it with other people or the public.

What if you were caught doing something embarrassing that you didn't want made public and then it was put on the internet for others to gawk over. Add to this that it was done with malice.

Your title should really say: Filming a shared room unbeknownst to my roomate then sharing the private actions of my roomate with the public with malicious intent to cause injury and embarrassment can result in a hate crime charge.

#14     Mar 17, 2012
  5. pcp198

pcp198

Put me to shame Rob, what key details did i leave out?

#15     Mar 17, 2012
  6. Rob227

Rob227

Lol, sigh. My intent here isn't to put anyone to shame.

The title alone that I added in the last post should be enough for you to give a bit of thought that there is more to the story than a guy innocently running a webcam on in his room.

No one forced him to share that video with the public once he discovered what was on it. Back to my initial point. How about if this was you? Your roomate secretly films you lets just say "jerking off". Then decides to put it on the internet or share it with other people at your school.

How do you feel? Do you feel that you have been wronged? Do you think it's reasonable to be able to expect you can do as you please in the privacy of your own room without being secretly filmed and then publicly exposed for someone else's amusement or malicious enjoyment?

#16     Mar 17, 2012
  7. Eight

Eight

That obviates the big legal payoff from Democrats to minorities. Blacks are happy to live in inner city reservations on welfare because they can hate whitey and kill him with relative legal impunity during a riot even, but whitey can't whisper the Nig word!! It's a token payoff! Sometimes it's illegal to say that homosexual activity is unhealthy, I guess because you might hurt some guy's feelings while he's spreading AIDS... What a sick joke these brilliant intellectual Leftists are...

I explain how I don't like being hated by Black people so I moved to a White area. Some pos calls me a racist! It wouldn't be racist if a Black person said they moved to a Black neighborhood because Whities hated them..

#17     Mar 17, 2012
  8. pcp198

pcp198

Again, you're saying i left out a significant details in the story, but cant specify what.

No doubt, if this happened to me I'd feel angry and betrayed by the roommate, but theres a not so thin line between A-hole roommate and a targeted hate crime.

#18     Mar 17, 2012
  9. Mercor

Mercor

If one is to be charged with a hate crime against a behavior like homosexuality.Shouldn't the State define what homosexuality is?
    Is there a legal definition or does it only take the plaintiff (victim) to declare themselves a homosexual.

If the accused stands to receive an additional 5 years in prison I want proof that this person is a homosexual. The fact that this victim felt so guilty about this act says to me that he was not a homosexual and he knows he did something wrong.

If a white guy grows up in a solidly Black neighbor and has all the cultural attributes of the local Black community why can't this person claim to be Black in the eyes of the law and get hate crime protection.

Hate crime protection for the Homosexuality is not about looks only a cultural issue. Same should apply to the White guy who grows up Black

#19     Mar 17, 2012
  10. Rob227

Rob227

First comment to Eight.

The world is full of idiots, racists and hypocrites. Yes it's unfortunate but every person can make a choice not to be one of them. Just because someone else is racist isn't a good reason to be one as well.

pcp198

I have already specifically pointed out that there is more to the story than a guy filming "his" room. I could make a list but I have other things to do today.

At least we can agree that secretly filming and exposing someone is unjust.

#20     Mar 17, 2012