Note to All Re: Openings...

Discussion in 'Journals' started by Don Bright, May 1, 2003.

1. I just wanted to say to everyone that I realize that the openings may or may not work for all traders. We (BT) have a good track record, and have developed many different software programs to take advantage of the strategy. I have never (and will never) say that there is a "fool proof" strategy....because there simply is not.

I have been using a variation of this strategy since the 1970's (on the floor), and have done my best to share it with many of you. The "winners" seem to be plentiful, and extremely happy with it....those that find it difficult seem to be a bit more vocal.

I think ET is a place to share some ideas (not all the proprietary stuff, obviously)...and I do my best to offer help whenever asked.

So, if you choose to do the OO orders, great, if not, it is not reflecting negatively on your trading ability....they (OO's) may just not be your "cup of tea"....

Best of Luck....

Don

2. CalTrader

CalTrader Guest

Absolutely: all this complaining and so-called business "intelligence" regarding your OO trading is amusing. I know people that trade the opens successfully. Like any other trading technique it takes experience to be successful. After years of working these you should be good at it. The experience factor and good algorithms are important and this, like most other techniques, requires a bit of hard work to master...... Good traders will have more than one technique that they use and selectively choose the ones to use on a given market seesion based upon their experience ...

3. Get a call from the SEC, did you?

4. No, unlike you my conspiratorial friend, I am not fearful nor paranoid.....simply responding to a few of the posters......

Thanks again, for keeping your vigilant and continuing stalking of my every move.....it's really flattering.....

Don

5. Nordic

Nordic

Reminds me of a Song......................

Every breath you take
    Every move you make
    Every bond you break
    Every step you take

I'll be watching you

Every single day
    Every word you say
    Every game you play
    Every night you stay

I'll be watching you
    :D :D :D

6. dgabreil

dgabreil

ROFL!

A visitor to Optional's pad would find pictures of Don in a set of crosshairs, voodoo dolls of Don with tons of pins inserted in unflattering places, pentagrams on the floor with Don's picture in the middle, upside-down crosses with Don's face replacing JC's, a mannequin of Don hanging from the rafters, and Don's ET's posts printed out and marked in huge Red X's with "Lies! Lies! Lies!" running down every margin.

And that's just the foyer....

7. I like it!!! lol

8. Now you have graphically depicted my concerns. The movie " A Beautiful Mind" kept us wondering what was real and what wasn't....now you have shown the truth!! LOL....Although, in this case, perhaps "beautiful" is a bit of a stretch......(all in fun Optional......keep your sense of humor!).

Don

9. dgabreil

dgabreil

I shudder to imagine the Dante-esque Don Bright-inspired Inquisition scenes on display in Optional's bedroom and bathroom.

Don roasting over coals!

Don being flayed on the Rack!

A Photoshop-edited version of "Braveheart" with Don's image replacing Mel Gibson's and the final torture/disembowelment scene played on continuous loopback!

A shaved, bug-eyed Optional sitting on the ground murmuring "the horror....the horror...."

[​IMG]

(Whispering): "Don Bright"...."Don Bright"....(throws another dart)...."Don Bright"...

10. Another good one...I will save this picture for the upcoming book!!

Don

#10     May 2, 2003