Notable ET Celebs

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by Wayne Gibbous, Oct 31, 2006.

1. Thanks Mo. I always read the Ask Slim column.

But he's been wrong about this year! :D

You guys have been coming up with some good ones. :cool:

#21     Nov 2, 2006
  2. Came across this thread yesterday and was deeply saddened to find out Tampa had passed away.

I completely enjoyed his posting here on ET and out of curiosity went over to his blog. Quite an emotional read.

For all of those who think they can start cleaning up their "act" next year, well next year was 5 years ago. Time waits for no one.

Bruce Hawkins

#22     Nov 2, 2006
  3. Magna

Magna Administrator

For those interested here is a thread where various members pay their respects to tampa, one of the funniest people ever to grace this site.

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?threadid=78869

#23     Nov 2, 2006
  4. don't forget JBT

i think he just penned a book on technical analysis for Forex

--RS

#24     Nov 2, 2006
  5. #25     Nov 2, 2006
  6. here are two pics. The ground shot shows the G 109 and the flight shot is a typical xcountry marker where you take a pic at a place and have the wing in the pic as you bank for the shot. There was a thermal there so it was easy to spin up quite a ways to have some ground crearance for moving on .

#26     Nov 8, 2006
  7. Here are two pics.

The ground pic shows how to be warm upstairs and be harnessed in. The G 109 is marked on the hull.

the second pic is just a marker pic as used in xcountry record keeping (Note there is not a time stamp though). you come to the mark and bank and snap a shot that shows some wing. Here it is a ridge line that is well above the desert floor. there was a thermal as well so you just center on it and go on up to the bottom of the clouds. The darker the bottom the better the spiral up to the cloud.

#27     Nov 8, 2006
  8. r-in

r-in

First started flying in gliders when I was 15. Gone through most of the airplane ratings, but never did finish up my glider rating. I really need to get back to it, I enjoyed that a lot! I loved picking a point to touchdown and to stop and see if I could hit em.

#28     Nov 8, 2006
  9. here are two pics: a more vertical turn and a shadow to show the relative sizes of the boulders,etc.

The shadows give a little look at the terrain character.

#29     Nov 8, 2006
  10. #30     Jan 4, 2007