Notable Economists Contend That Empirical Data Show That Global Depression Has Begun

Discussion in 'Data Sets and Feeds' started by ByLoSellHi, May 3, 2009.

1. #21     May 3, 2009
  2. Back to the question at hand: Are we in a second "Great Depression" ?
    and (drum roll please).....
    the answer is:
    WE CANNOT TELL !
    Why ? All of the government stats are "phony" i.e. fraudulent. For example unemployment is at least TWICE the current stated rate. I am convinced of that.
    So, let's all join in to Kate Smith's once great song now modified to the new ERA:
    "Fraud Bless America"
    "Land that we defraud"
    "Stand beside her, and defraud her, with the corrupt politicians from above"
    "From the mountains, to the prairies, to the lawyers green with dough"
    "Fraud Bless America, our home sweet fraud....Fraud Bless America, our home sweet fraud"

#22     May 3, 2009
  3. LOL.... It is funny to see so many on ET, who probably have less of a pot to piss in, than say the homeless guy under the bridge, come out so strong against a "research" article.

I'm very well educated, have been a part of the Financial Industry for over 10 years, from Trading to Private Equity currently. I find the article interesting and having some valid points.

I have 3 boxers (whom will attack on command if need be), a 9 with auto clip and a AR 15 assult rif. with boxes of rounds. Yet, I am not looking towards the end of the world, I am just going on about daily life.

Knowbody has a crystal ball and not one person can tell us where the future is going. I hear the "author" of this article loud and clear.

There is so much "dis-information" out there on the state of the Financial World, that one has to wonder why? Well, here is one answer:

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Obama-says-financial-sector-rb-15110919.html?.v=2

WallStreet is going to play a less powerful role in the Future that OBAMA has in mind. So the "Alarm" bells rang of the "Depression" seemed to have worked in favor of Regulation and more Regulation.

This seems to be the pattern that HOOVER took us down.

IMHO, we are no where near the end, just in the Eye of the Storm.

What happens when we come out of the EYE, I have no idea.

#23     May 3, 2009
  4. toc

toc

'Future that OBAMA has in mind'

One World, One Government and One Currency.............New World Order!

Great Depression then Great War and finally the Golden Age...........as per the 2012 Mayan Calender.

Be Cool and Roam Free! :D :cool: :p

#24     May 3, 2009