Not sure what to do, any help appreciated

Discussion in 'Order Execution' started by allstarmoney, Feb 12, 2006.

1. no, if the order is not executed at the lmt price or better it is immediately cancelled.

#11     Feb 12, 2006
  2. Regular hours limit DAY orders placed on Supermontage (NASDAQ) participate in the NASDAQ opening cross and if not filled on the open will remain on the Supermontage books for the remainder of the day. Please refer to the fourth question down (Order Types) in this document:

http://www.nasdaqtrader.com/trader/openclose/openfaqs.pdf

This applies to NASDAQ. Like i said i dont know how it works on NYSE but would certainly like to know.

#12     Feb 12, 2006

3. Smart order routing in the best way to use IB. No matter how long you hold, you want the best price when you buy. Smart routing has given me price improvement on several occasions-- even when I put a higher bid in. I had it to happen last week on a NYSE issue and it saved me .03.

Good Trading

#13     Feb 12, 2006
  4. all right cool. it sounds like what probably works best given my situation is to place a limit-on-open order and if it doesn't strike and cancels out, then place a straight up limit order thereafter.
    of course, now i have to figure out how to configure this trader workstation to allow "opg" orders.

i am going to look into supermontage as a way to route it. that sounds interesting.

thanks much everyone for all your help.

#14     Feb 12, 2006