Not Possible....profit On The Screen

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by datstrader, Jun 4, 2009.

1. What are you GOD ......Sorry to awaken the allmighty one...what do you know about pressure??? I'm sure your trust fund will cover you through 2030 no worries I'm sure it was hard inheriting the money alot of work. Dont right back not we are not in same league

#51     Jun 5, 2009
  2. datstrader

I am a trader in chicago and would be happy to help you. I know floor guys had a huge edge with all the transparency down there but things have changed. Its definitely possible to make great money on the screen but like previously said in this thread, its a different ball game.

PM me if your interested in talking, I have no problem helping out someone in this business

#52     Jun 5, 2009
  3. obviously its hard to trade screen, but maybe you need to give yourself at least 5 months to learn.

You need to find an edge, meaning being able to recognize when you have a probability that a profitable trade setup will occur.

Then you need to take those trades each and every time.

I did 2 trades today, both profitable real money, neither real money trade took much heat which is how you know that you got in at a good time.

I then went back to sim to test ideas and make sure I understand what I am seeing.

#53     Jun 5, 2009
  4. EPrado

EPrado

No...am not god. Know plenty about pressure amigo...been trading for a long time. Obviously you can't handle pressure because you blew out, and are now whining on a chat board about it....saying because you failed others cant succeed...looking for a backer. Good luck with that after blowing up.

Funny....you compare me to a trust fund brat, but you are the one whining like a child on here.

Also use spell check on your cover letter/resume while searching for a new gig. Otherwise backers wont right back.

Too bad you are such a whining bitch. I traded in Chicago for about 10 years and know plenty of traders up there...perhaps could have pointed you in the right direction (I have helped a few guys on here once I knew they were legit). But you obviously cant handle the transition from floor to screen.

Check out McDonalds on Jackson/Franklin....they might need a guy to run the fry-o-lator.....hopefully you can handle the pressure.

#54     Jun 5, 2009
  5. Thanks for your help

Maybe we can meet up for a Beer???

Nice not crying here just stating facts...I know that I can't spell ....Is there anything else to be said Keyboard Tough Guy????

#55     Jun 5, 2009
  6. EPrado

EPrado

Seeing how I dont live in Chicago anymore might be tough.

#56     Jun 5, 2009
  7. LoL. That's tough.

#57     Jun 5, 2009
  8. EPrado

EPrado

I am just busting his balls. I dont wish for anyone to fail at trading.

#58     Jun 5, 2009
  9. How long did you try trading from the screen? I would imagine since it's nothing like the floor, the learning curve would be similar to that of any other newbie trying to learn to trade from home. People say that's anywhere from 2-5 years or longer to break even or become slightly profitable.

If you still have some bankroll left, or can get one, perhaps if you lowered your expectations you could give youreslf a better chance of success. And that applies to not just the time involved, but the profit potential. I'm just speculating, of course.

#59     Jun 5, 2009
    #60     Jun 5, 2009