Not Possible....profit On The Screen

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by datstrader, Jun 4, 2009.

1. NOW I FIND THAT FUNNY THAT IS A GOOD ONE

#41     Jun 5, 2009
  2. YOU Really dont know what your talking about...how about when someone unloads a 50 lot on top of your head and its two ticks up your butt when you get it. you have never traded 250minis at once in your life im sure you put or 2 mini position on with your butt checks tighted up with the chance of loosing 100 bucks or so ...Don't tell me we didnt have to think dont forget if the market is breaking locals in the pit are buying we are allways against the trend I would have loved to see your face when a 100 lot is bounced off your head im sure you would need to change your Diaper at that point ...Best of luck to you

#42     Jun 5, 2009
  3. wave

wave

Can't you double up and triple up on the screen as well?
    It works as long as it is with the current momentum.

#43     Jun 5, 2009
  4. The only problem is that i'm out of Ammo

Looking for a Backer .......

Thanks

#44     Jun 5, 2009
  5. Dustin

Dustin

You really know how to sell yourself.

#45     Jun 5, 2009

6. Right ....I was a Marketing major in college...They will come a running when they hear my name....LOL

#46     Jun 5, 2009
  7. EPrado

EPrado

I never realized 50 big Sp's is something to bark about. Is a nice size....but not gigantic. Back in 1994 I traded 500 Nikkei Futures at a clip with the floor for a CTA. Try getting trades done when they are 2 min before lunch break, you have to sell 250 lots, and the market is 20 up in the pit. Have traded big and small over the last 17 yrs.

I have nothing against floor guys. Some of my best friends are floor guys.....but very few of them could trade their way out of a paper bag off of the floor (from what you say, you have the same problem). But most of them are great guys.

I am sorry, but a 50 lot of big Sp's wouldnt effect me if it was 2 ticks against me. If it made you shit your pants then maybe you shouldnt have traded that big. Trader's who measure their P/L in dollar terms are dead men. If you can trade a 1 lot you should be able to trade a 500 lot in the e-mini's. I always judged my trades in ticks...not $.

Good luck with trying to adjust to the screen. Dont take it the wrong way...but a ton of floor guys fail miserably when they go off the floor. Either suck it up and make a real attempt....or go drown your sorrows at Ceres.

#47     Jun 5, 2009
    #48     Jun 5, 2009
    #49     Jun 5, 2009
  10. EPrado

EPrado

A word of advice....dont whine when you go to meet someone who is a prospective backer. And dont tell him about all of your outside pressures. Nobody wants to hear it.

#50     Jun 5, 2009