Not Possible....profit On The Screen

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by datstrader, Jun 4, 2009.

1. wrong chart, sorry.

#31     Jun 5, 2009
  2. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

#32     Jun 5, 2009
  3. maxpi

maxpi

I was working in computers when we went from teletypes to screens. I don't recall any teletype traders but we could have programmed the thing to draw out charts.. we could draw out naked women with the thing, charts would have been doable.. not as fun, but doable... and we could have programmed the tty to emulate pit noise too...

#33     Jun 5, 2009
  4. X trader has different beeps with different order sizes but it its the most annoying thing on the planet!

#34     Jun 5, 2009
  5. Dustin

Dustin

You aren't saying anything new here, it's well known that <10% are profitable. You control your own destiny so which percentile are you gonna be in?

#35     Jun 5, 2009
  6. Hello datsrader, you are right it is tough, the robots have really made the trade difficult. i traded in the bond pit and made the transition very early at the beginning of globex. stay away from the e-minis to many robots, try other markets stay away from the robot dominated markets

#36     Jun 5, 2009
  7. http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?postid=2455084#post2455084

Since this post, I bought the previous value area low at 934.25

The stop was 2 points, and (once again) it took only 1 point heat.

This time both retail guys passed on the trade. One went short below the pivot at 936.75 (and made three points) and the other guy simply let it get away from him.

The value area low trade (long) took one point heat and then moved up from 933.25 to 947. I am still long looking for a retest of 950 area. Its lunch time so I don't expect anything to happen for another 30 minutes

#37     Jun 5, 2009
  8. Good luck in your future endeavors.

#38     Jun 5, 2009
  9. EPrado

EPrado

A pit trader who never learned how to really trade whining that he can't make money off the floor......SHOCKING.

Kinda tough when you actually have to think and do some work to make money.

#39     Jun 5, 2009
  10. When the LIFFE floor closed down in London alot of guys who used to make alot of coin in the pit tried their hand at screen trading.

Apparently when placed in front of a computer, probably for the first time in their lives, one guy picked up the mouse and spoke into it "Buy 50 Sep Bunds at market" :D

#40     Jun 5, 2009