not part of the eurozone

Discussion in 'Economics' started by alekk, Oct 31, 2009.

1. morganist

morganist Guest

here is a better link. it is also called the discount window facility but discount flow window is one name for it.

http://www.bankofengland.co.uk/markets/money/discount/

to be fair they only introduced it one year ago. so i guess i was a little hard on you. you must just be a little behind the times.

i will accept your apology now thank you as long as you stay away from me from now on. even if i was wrong so what load of people get it wrong here but you people don't criticise them like you criticise me. seriously know what you are talking about before your comment and go away.

i have never put anyone on my ignore list before but i will now please leave me alone. also tell me who you work for so i know not to invest with them. i wouldn't normally say that on an open forum but think about what you said about me. this is my profession and time and time again you publicly claim i know nothing when it is the converse. i think you are a quack and i have proved it please don't follow me round the forums to meet some personal vendetta you p me off and i will embarrass you. if you want i can prove i am a macro economist you won't like it. i am good at what i do, which by the way has little to do with this argument. i invent things like the interest rate mechanism things you would never understand i am asked by economists, leaders of institutions and pioneers of commerce on economic matters. i could show pictures of myself with some if you wish. is that what you want?

#21     Nov 1, 2009
  2. morganist

morganist Guest

#22     Nov 1, 2009
  3. Whoa, mate, please don't get all excited...

Firstly, I never personally insulted you or attacked you or anything else of the sort. There's certainly no vendetta and I am not following you. I merely pointed out factual or logical errors that appeared in your statements.

Secondly, if you look carefully at what I said, you'll note that I corrected your terminology. The term 'discount flow window' is gibberish, no such thing exists. 'Discount window', on the other hand, is an operational tool used by some Central Banks (mainly the Fed, but also the BoE). Moreover, you may be interested to know that the same term 'discount window' describes two completely different facilities when used in the context of the Fed and the BoE. The Fed's discount window is much more like the BoE and the ECB's standing facility.

Thirdly, if you want to make your point about teminology, I would think you need to do the search for the exact phrase, rather than for the individual words' occurrence in the same article, as you have done. I think what you meant to do was this, no?
    http://search.bankofengland.co.uk/s...=i&as_filetype=&as_occt=any&sort=&btnG=Search

Fourthly, I would love to see what different tools of monetary policy transmission the ECB actually has. Seeing as how the BoE system's design was based on the ECB's blueprint, it would be very educational to me to know the qualitative differences.

Finally, let's please not get irate. No need to threaten me with the captains of industry or pioneers of commerce. I don't think photos would be entirely appropriate either.

EDIT: I am not PMing you, my friend. I am only being polite and courteous and responding to your PMs.

#23     Nov 1, 2009
  4. morganist

morganist Guest

Whoa, mate, please don't get all excited...

Firstly, I never personally insulted you or attacked you or anything else of the sort. There's certainly no vendetta and I am not following you. I merely pointed out factual or logical errors that appeared in your statements.

REPLY you don't think saying i was stating appauling gibberish without backing it up is insulting me. i do.

Secondly, if you look carefully at what I said, you'll note that I corrected your terminology. The term 'discount flow window' is gibberish, no such thing exists. 'Discount window', on the other hand, is an operational tool used by some Central Banks (mainly the Fed, but also the BoE). Moreover, you may be interested to know that the same term 'discount window' describes two completely different facilities when used in the context of the Fed and the BoE. The Fed's discount window is much more like the BoE and the ECB's standing facility.

REPLY the terminology is somewhat correct. some people referred to it as the discount flow window. read the publications i linked to see the difference with the banks.

Thirdly, if you want to make your point about teminology, I would think you need to do the search for the exact phrase, rather than for the individual words' occurrence in the same article, as you have done. I think what you meant to do was this, no?
    http://search.bankofengland.co.uk/s...=i&as_filetype=&as_occt=any&sort=&btnG=Search

REPLY even if i got the terminology wrong i am sure the op would be able look it up. i certainly do not think it is worth stating publicly quote

'juxtaposed with appalling ignorance of practical matters, such as the policy rate mechanisms, the money and the FX mkts, is absolutely mindboggling.'

what getting the term discount window confused with discount flow window is appalling ignorance is it. wtf. also i admitted it got the uk share of forex incorrect but it is still 35 % with link.

Fourthly, I would love to see what different tools of monetary policy transmission the ECB actually has. Seeing as how the BoE system's design was based on the ECB's blueprint, it would be very educational to me to know the qualitative differences.

Finally, let's please not get irate. No need to threaten me with the captains of industry or pioneers of commerce. I don't think photos would be entirely appropriate either.

REPLY this is not a threat. if anything is a threat it is try to devalue my comment. i am just pointing out a fact i can back up. you have provided no links or evidence to anything and rather than answering my questions you just gitter on about minor errors if they are errors like discount window or discount flow window. wtf.

like i said how is that appalling ignorance it is just an extra word which is often used to depict the same thing. talk about pedantic. also i told they op to go to think tanks and ukip like i said i used to be economic adviser to them too. and most of the posts were related to say some people or some arguments. read it again and you will see.

EDIT: I am not PMing you, my friend. I am only being polite and courteous and responding to your PMs.

REPLY fair comment. i however only pmed you for not responding to your remarks.

do me a favour read my posts again all of them. don't pick up on one or two points that might be wrong. think about all the points. i have provided objective arguments for the op to read. if you don't agree that is your decision but the reply you gave to my comments was not justified as i backed up everything. so what if i did add a word to the name of one facility the rest of the arguments are justified. how can you say my comments are mind bogglingly ignorant or what ever you said when all i did was state raised arguments. you criticised my professional comments without justification and then never provided evidence. it is like going to a doctor and him saying you have a broken leg and you saying no i don't i have a fractured thigh bone. it is just insulting to the doctor and makes you look really pedantic. there is no need for this especially when you turn round to the doctor and say he is mind bogglingly ignorant.

i think some one is trying to show off. and it is not me. i was merely trying to help some one who wanted information and you got pedantic about it.

adding a word (if i even did i know people who use that terminology if you look it up you will see) is not mind boggling ignorant as to the other arguments they are backed up by links. if they are wrong email the original source.

i still stand by my position on you. i think if you knew what the discount window was you would have corrected it by saying the discount window not the discount flow window. so i think you did not know. so i still think you are a quack.

like i said leave me alone. i don't want another insulting rant from you because i have added a word or left a word out (even if i have) i am sure the op could look it up or use the other info.

bye bye.

#24     Nov 1, 2009
  5. Very well, I will say nothing further...

I wish you the best of luck in all your future endeavors!

#25     Nov 2, 2009