not much to move markets tomorrow,Friday April 18th...what can move it?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by increasenow, Apr 17, 2008.

1. yaaaawn

markets have done nothing since jan 23

#21     Apr 17, 2008
  2. Total open interest of ES yesterday raised a little over 300 contract. This means that we had a lot of shortcovering. BUT, It is kind of funny to say what market is going to do tomorrow. haven't you seen days with Bad news all over the place and market goes up or the other way.

#22     Apr 18, 2008
  3. How'd those puts work out?

#23     Apr 18, 2008
  4. I'll tell you in May. But I did double up today in the swing account. Couldn't help myself.... was salivating too hard.

#24     Apr 18, 2008
  5. Careful. Averaging down can kill you. With the market up so much today, we'll be short-term overbought in a day or two and you might be able to get out with a profit but we could also consolidate for a few days and move sharply higher which would really suck for your index puts.

#25     Apr 18, 2008
  6. Yeah... the beauty is I'm ready to lose everything I put into those puts. It's not a crazy huge position about 7K... and I really do plan to cover the 3rd week in May.

So we'll see. This play is based on fundamentals and my belief that reality will kick in in the next month. If not I'll probably more then make up for it daytrading as this market has been pretty easy to trade lately (relentless bid). But as you know that can change in a heartbeat.

#26     Apr 18, 2008
  7. That's not beauty, that's gambling.

#27     Apr 18, 2008
  8. Actually thats called accepting risk... if you consider it gambling better get out of this business.

#28     Apr 18, 2008
  9. Why would you allow your stop/loss to be "time" rather than "price"?

Doesn't seem to be sound money management.

#29     Apr 18, 2008
  10. LOL...took the words right out of my mouth.

#30     Apr 18, 2008