Not judging but.....

Discussion in 'Sports' started by TheFoot, Jul 29, 2020.

1. TheFoot

TheFoot

Do any of you gamble on sports? I do and was just wondering if there were any others. Or do you just trade?

murray t turtle likes this.
  2. smallfil

smallfil

I do bet on the horses but, more as a hobby to entertain myself. Trading is much easier as far as making monies on. Do play the lottery thru Powerball or Megamillions when the jackpot is $100 million up. The extra $2 or $4 is no big deal when I lose hundreds of dollars on an option trade that fails. You have to be in it to win it even if the odds is probably, 200 million to 1 odds. Someone still has to win it in the end. I lump it in with my entertainment fund. One time I got 3 numbers plus the mega number. That is the closest I got with the other 2 numbers off by 1 or 2 digits. Who knows? If it is meant to be, it will be.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2020
  3. %%
    NO;
    but pool hall gambled as a kid; bid/ask was too big to trade] Good question.[Edit i dont do lotto/stupid tax on people that cant do math as Dave Ramsey notes[

TheFoot likes this.
  4. I used to be into horse betting, then moved into race horse ownership. Advice: Never get into race horse ownership, its as big of a money pit as you'd imagine. Got out of that after 2-3 years and lots of money down the drain. Sure, fun to see your horses run, but financially not a great route.

Then got into sports betting, actually grew a following giving out free picks (YouTube, my own site, Instagram). Unlike the 99% of people who are scammy and selling picks, I was/is all free, did it more just for fun. I then moved into more of the affiliate side, and pretty much away from betting myself, but still doing the free picks (and education content for beginners). Betting was fine, but its a hard grind. Even if you are good, if you want to do it to as an income stream, well most people fail for reason. Hitting 60% winners is considered above average. I'll occasionally bet, but focus more efforts now on the affiliate efforts for various online sports books. Made far more off other people betting and losing than I ever did betting and winning/losing myself.

kandlekid and Clubber Lang like this.
  5. TheFoot

TheFoot

Sweet

6. %%
    I entered a NRA giveaway/gave them a stamp/which did not increase my odds.
    I asked some one once/he bought a lotto ticket @MRO gasoline station-- ever won anything? ''?He said, ''no but I got close''LOL/LOL:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

smallfil and TheFoot like this.
  7. smallfil

smallfil

Have won like $50 twice on the Daily Derby Lottery Draw, risking $2 when the jackpot was huge. Only play when the jackpot is huge. Atleast, when you win, you might win a larger amount. Your chances are the same on each draw, so why not go for the big jackpots? That is my thinking atleast.

8. Oil
    %%
    I won a free coffee @Shell Oil Co promotion.I buy gas there anyway.As for me, i' have wasted enough time gambling in pool halls.The odds are so much against the lotto; I value my time + money more than wasting it.

9. smallfil

smallfil

You will probably, win the big one before I do. A lot of times, those who play the lottery on a whim end up winning the big one. Has happened multiple times. Like the crazy laws of the universe.

10. El Trado

El Trado

Just trading. I am trying to make money. Not lose it...

#10     Jul 29, 2020