Not Holy but Close Grail

Discussion in 'Trading' started by crash n burn, Feb 3, 2010.

1. It is NOT an indicator....simply information....treat it that way unless your are NOT a trader:p

Thanks for the info Crash.

NiN

#21     Feb 3, 2010
  2. lynx

lynx

Neat, thank you for sharing.

#22     Feb 3, 2010
  3. jmoo

jmoo

Very interesting, but it's like looking at a roulette table.. Just because you hit ten reds in a row doesn't mean you can go ten black next. Although you can speculate on some monthly trends suchs as 401k money flows at the end or beginning of the month or a particular day etc.

#23     Feb 3, 2010
  4. So I guess it's gonna be a down day tomorrow?

#24     Feb 3, 2010
  5. Yes. What's really hilarious is that every time I expose one of his new names, he goes ballistic and sends me hate PMs screaming in capital letters.

#25     Feb 4, 2010

6. well you decide .

#26     Feb 4, 2010
  7. clacy

clacy

This data is consistent with Jay Kaeppel's work on seasonal stock market trends.

Basically the market performs best from the last couple of days of the month, through the first several days of the following month.

I don't know that this data is a great help for short term traders, but anyone investing could probably benefit from this.

#27     Feb 4, 2010
  8. So far, the grail is pretty good.

Thanks!

PA

#28     Feb 4, 2010
  9. Ebby

Ebby

Nothing jumps at me...and now I have to know. What?

#29     Feb 4, 2010
  10. Well there's a few things, the leap year issue that exists but wasn't my initial point.

The major flaw is the fact that numbering days 1 to 31 doesn't account for day of week, nor does it account for days that have inconsistent trading information.

For example Jan 31st of this year was a Sunday, yet we have a high historical statistic associated with it...

#30     Feb 4, 2010