Not gonna take any more of my money

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by investwthme, Apr 30, 2009.

1. piezoe

piezoe

Don't get the idea that because you can make money on a simulator you will in the real market. The main reason simulators give a false sense of how easy it is to make money is because they buy on the bid and sell on the ask! The same thing a market maker does, and that is a license to steal. You won't be able to do that "in real life as we know it." Unless you're planning on buying a seat on the exchange, that is. :D

#11     Apr 30, 2009
  2. I have other aliases?
    please tell me
    and the name i got from a license plate i saw and thought it sounded alright.
    Better than a #22

#12     May 1, 2009
  3. Good luck my friend... sometimes the best thing someone can do is walk away. I blew out 3 accounts before I started to make money.

#13     May 1, 2009
  4. Which simulator does that? Name us some. IB's Paper Trader for instance is very realistic in terms of trade executions. Using one is still better than gambling your money away because it tells you quickly what works or not.

Obviously, scalping is not the approach you are looking for if you are just beginning to trade which make high precision trades even less crucial for those.

#14     May 1, 2009
  5. piezoe

piezoe

TOS, which is otherwise a very good simulator. Please look at what the IB simulator is doing very carefully. I think this problem of unrealistic fills is quite common, but i hope i am wrong about that..

#15     May 1, 2009
  6. The market has been range bound for the last 4 weeks. Most of the moves are occuring over night. We are heading into a real dull period.

Now is a good time to exit the markets.

#16     May 1, 2009
  7. piezoe

piezoe

If you draw a trend line on the daily ES from the April1 low 0f 779 through the April 28 low of 838.5 it seems to be still in a slight up-trend. Looks as though it may be trying to slowly get back to those January highs above 900.

#17     May 1, 2009
  8. It has been a month full of gaps.

#18     May 1, 2009
  9. There is little follow thru in either direction. Just when you think we are going to correct it heads higher. Just when it heads higher and dips for your entry it keeps dipping.

#19     May 1, 2009
  10. sdb5057

sdb5057

Yep, recently I have been getting my butt handed to me in my positions.I was doing real well (up 40%) until the "March bottom" hit. There is something about the recent market movements that are really not working for me. Rallies on horrible news, drops on great news, etc ,etc. My account is slowly being washed away as I try and gain a foothold. Oh well.

#20     May 1, 2009