Not even the top of book for ARCA without paying

Discussion in 'Trading' started by stock777, Sep 19, 2006.

1. billp

billp

Thanks Bitstream

#41     Sep 22, 2006
  2. sprstpd

sprstpd

Who wants to start a competing ECN with me? We can call it "No Monopolistic Asstacular Fees", or NMAF. It will be a non-profit organization and in the company charter there will be laws that it can never be taken over by Nazzy or NYSE. The computer running all the trades will initially be one Pentium IV machine running at 2.4 GHz. Come on, Island had to start somewhere...

Maybe if everyone complains to the SEC about these fees, they will be revoked. You know, because one the missions of the SEC is to "protect investors." SEC... always comes through for the little guy. :p

#42     Sep 22, 2006
  3. flbum

flbum

I stopped getting ARCA quotes on IB. In fact, my ARCA routed order was the inside bid/ask a number of times and my limit price wasn't even reflected in the SMART quote. I've been considering the SMART quote to be representative of the NBBO.

I submitted an inquiry ticket to IB. They verified that you don't even get ARCA level 1 data without paying. Not only that, but the SMART quote is generated from the data to which you subscribe. So, they verified that the ARCA quote is not reflected in the SMART quote if you're not subscribed.

In the thin stocks that I trade, ARCA is frequently the inside quote during RTH. So, I have to subscribe.

#43     Sep 22, 2006
  4. sprstpd

sprstpd

Here is the link:

http://www.sec.gov/complaint.shtml

I'm sure the SEC will listen! :p

#44     Sep 22, 2006
  5. NASDAQ plans to integrate the NASDAQ Market Center®, Brut and INET trading facilities into a single technology platform — Single Book — that will further enhance execution quality for system users. NASDAQ is targeting July of 2006 to begin the integration into Single Book and will be making several enhancements to its premium market data offerings as part of this process:

1. Upon the completion of Single Book integration, NASDAQ proposes to integrate the entitlement for full depth from NASDAQ market participants quoting in NASDAQ stocks with the full depth from NASDAQ market participants quoting in NYSE- and Amex-listed stocks. This will result in a single full-depth entitlement that will retain the TotalView name and will deliver data across all securities, regardless of their listing market. Distributors and subscribers currently receiving full depth of NASDAQ stocks alone will now be able to see full NASDAQ depth in NYSE and Amex stocks, and vice versa.

http://www.nasdaqtrader.com/Trader/News/2006/vendoralerts/nva2006-035.stm

I was under the impresion that the entitlement for nasdaq total view is $100... I hope Im wrong.

#45     Sep 22, 2006
  6. flbum

flbum

eusdaiki, am I missing the point or is the proposed fee schedule for Single Book / TotalView on that same link that you have provided? I have copied it below.

===========================

User Fee Structure

NASDAQ has proposed the following Single Book Consolidated User Fee schedule. The new fees are expected to be effective August 1, 2006, pending SEC approval.

NASDAQ Service Level Monthly Fee
    TotalView Professional $75 per user
    TotalView Non-Professional $14 per user

#46     Sep 22, 2006
  7. IMO Totalview is a complete waste of money. The volume you see is fake most of the time (huge bids disappear instantly) and reserve orders prevent you from seeing what is really there anyway.

#47     Sep 22, 2006
  8. Thanks for the input on this...I've felt the same about Level 2 since they gave it to the public about 10 years ago.

Don

#48     Sep 22, 2006
  9. Bob111

Bob111

why IB with all their TWS bells and whistles cannot supply us with simple piece of data such as current bid\ask\last in basic subscription?
    why MB is doing just fine and their quotes absolutely unaffected by recent changes?

#49     Sep 22, 2006
  10. you're right... is 75... I wonder where I read 100... :( alzheimer?

#50     Sep 22, 2006