Not even the top of book for ARCA without paying

Discussion in 'Trading' started by stock777, Sep 19, 2006.

1. gaj

gaj

so, anyone contacting the sec about this? don't know if there's a case....

funny part - on IB today, just popped up, ARCA down due to tech problems at the exchange...

#21     Sep 20, 2006
  2. zdreg

zdreg

they are counting the loot/

#22     Sep 20, 2006
  3. rather pathetic if u ask me, i mean for L1 crap? sheesh...talk about greed.

#23     Sep 20, 2006
  4. gaj

gaj

this definitely is something the sec should do something about.

the 'open, transparent' market isn't true if you can't even *see* the quotes / market.

i'll be putting something together later today. i'm assuming a letter is more powerful than an email, and thus will snail mail it...

anyone know an appropriate contact @sec? thx...

#24     Sep 20, 2006
  5. sprstpd

sprstpd

Could you elaborate? What is ISB?

#25     Sep 20, 2006
  6. range

range

Me too.

Day 2: no ARCA quotes at all, even though I subscribed yesterday morning as soon as I found out about this change.

Is anyone using IB, or anyone anywhere, getting ARCA quotes???

#26     Sep 20, 2006
  7. range

range

I resubscribed this morning. Now I am getting ARCA.

#27     Sep 20, 2006
  8. flbum

flbum

I agree that not getting a valid inside quote without paying for ARCA book is definitely a step backwards for market transparency.

I subscribed to ARCA book and didn't get data. So, I restarted TWC... still nothing.

I went through the motions of subscribing again. ARCA book was already checked. Still, I continued the subscription process without changing anything.

And the ARCA data started appearing without even restarting TWC.

I guess it's kind of like an old car. You just have to crank it twice for the data to start.

#28     Sep 20, 2006
  9. Island book, after the single book comes in effect is going to represent Island+brut+super montage

#29     Sep 20, 2006
  10. bsmeter

bsmeter

ARCA volume will GO UP! They're going to start giving rebates for adding liquidity.:D

#30     Sep 20, 2006