Not another day of selling...

Discussion in 'Trading' started by stock_trad3r, Jun 19, 2008.

1. atonix

atonix

Unfortunately, a sizable portion of the S&P and Dow have been profiting handsomly from high oil (such as.. the oil companies). In turn, lower oil could actually hurt the indexes if we don't see something significant to help the rest.

#11     Jun 19, 2008
  2. S2007S

S2007S

Maybe the market will put in a late day rally. Russel and NDX seem to be holding up, energy is selling off along with broker/bank index. Im sure the bulls are ready to put some cash to work.

#12     Jun 19, 2008
  3. Yea, and the March-April-May 3-MONTH rally was entirely reasonable. LOL

You are clearly one of the buy-and-hope pedestrians believing that the same catalyst responsible for creating the credit and housing woes, declining interest rates, would be the catalyst to make it and all other economic problems all go away. Of course, without any (unintended?) consequences.

Hail the return to historic normalcy!
    Osorico :)

#13     Jun 19, 2008
  4. Historical normalcy is 7% yoy returns. The S&P 500 hasn't done anything since October 2006.

Buy and hold works well for me because I buy the stocks that go up like V and MOS.

#14     Jun 19, 2008
  5. Dope!

[​IMG]

#15     Jun 19, 2008
  6. LOL the nasdaq is up 20 points and the spooz is up only one.

Crashing oil is hurting most industrial sectors. Falling oil and rising dollar could trigger a bear market if materials and energy goes under. Hopefully that won't happen.

#16     Jun 19, 2008
  7. Lucrum

Lucrum

"Not another day of selling..."

I was thinking : Not another day of whining...

#17     Jun 19, 2008
  8. you won't get that return for the next 5 years i bet. the entire decade of the 70's saw almost no return. that's what we are looking at imo. massive debt by the consumer and nation is a recipe for many years of flat growth i believe.

just my 2 cents.

#18     Jun 19, 2008
  9. Sold all my VISA today, bot at $58. Slowdown in consumer activity and problems with inflation and the increased cost it is causing to retailers on the 2% credit card fee's will cause a mini revolt and create cash discounts to incentivize consumers into using cash.

This company can be bought for much cheaper within the next 12 months.

#19     Jun 19, 2008
  10. offbyone

offbyone

Excessive? This isn't just about the bears fighting the bulls, eventually it comes down to fundamentals, and our economic fundamentals are in bad shape.

Oil is 4 bucks down, <sarcasm>whipeee, i am going to buy a suv today </sarcasm>

Also i think it is probably stalling right now because 12000 is a natural resistance level.

#20     Jun 19, 2008