Not a dime's worth of difference

Discussion in 'Politics' started by AAAintheBeltway, Jan 28, 2004.

1. if you replaced "Dem's" with "politicians'" we'd all be in agreement...

Bush Signs $400 Billion Expansion of Medicare
    NewsMax.com Wires
    Monday, Dec. 8, 2003

WASHINGTON – President Bush on Monday signed into law the most far-reaching changes in Medicare in nearly four decades, an overhaul that includes for the first time a prescription-drug benefit for seniors.

Bush said the measure, estimated to cost $400 billion over the next 10 years, would give older Americans "better choices and more control over their health care, so they can receive the modern medical care they deserve."

#11     Jan 28, 2004
  2. jem

jem

I have become very concerned about bush's spending. It was expected to spend on war. It was probably wise in wake of the bubble pop. But now what the hell is he doing?

#12     Jan 29, 2004
  3. Maverick74

Maverick74

He's doing what every other politician does, he's spending your money. How do you feel about that? Do you want to pay less taxes or more taxes? Because there are some guys running around the country right now running for President that want to take even more of your money so they can line their pockets. What do you think? Should we give it to them?

#13     Jan 29, 2004
  4. The 2 step solution

1) Shoot all the attorneys
    2) Tie healthcare premiums to your current state of health

Results:

1) No more law suits causing 10X what premiums should be
    2) People with unhealthy lifestyles are taxed like the rich
    on a graduated scale. (But they deserve to be, unlike the rich)

So for example:

Health care Premium = base $X + smoking premium + obese premium + drug premium + etc etc etc

Im very lean, healthy, and never go to the doctor. Probably
    average a visit once every 5 years. Once every 10 when I was younger.
    I should NOT be paying much at all for insurance.
    (May be cheaper in the end if I go more often though and catch
    something really bad earlier...like some kind of cancer )

An incentive based premium would be cool I think.

peace

axeman

#14     Jan 29, 2004
  5. Maverick74

Maverick74

Nice idea and I would cheer it on but the liberals of the world will never go along. You see they think that the healthy people of the world should pay for the unhealthy just as they believe the rich should be taxed enough to pay for the poor. This will never fly with the left. You'll have even more people without health insurance because most people's premiums would go up 300% to 500%. A novel idea yes, but it will never fly with the left.

#15     Jan 29, 2004
  6. They are all bad, but gephardt and lieberman were big time h-1b supporters.

Gephardt should run for king of India, he has done more for them, imo

#16     Jan 29, 2004
  7. I wasn't aware of that. I do know that Gephardt was practically begged by the Teamsters to vote for the Alaskan oil thing but turned them down flat.

#17     Jan 29, 2004

8. Part of a letter from Congressman Gephardt to the members of US-India Political Action Committee (USINPAC)

"In 2000, I negotiated an agreement to increase the number of H-1B visas issued by the United States. I also won bipartisan support for the H-1B visa increase by including worker-training funds in the legislation. This was a huge victory for Indians seeking to come to the United States to share their tremendous talents."

US-India Political Action Committee (USINPAC) website: (paragraph 6)
    http://www.usinpac.com/CanMsgToIndAme_rg_PE.asp

#18     Jan 29, 2004