Norwegian Terrorist Could Get Up To 21 Yrs!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by pspr, Jul 23, 2011.

1. pspr

pspr

Are they kidding? Kill 92 people and get UP TO 21 YEARS in prison! Probably just 10 with good behavior. No wonder they don't have big prision populations in Europe. If you kill only one person is it just a fine?

Norwegian man accused of killing at least 92 people in a deadly bombing followed by a shooting spree at a youth camp has reportedly 'admitted responsibility' for the attacks — which are punishable by up to 21 years in prison.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2011/0...itted-responsibility-for-attacks-lawyer-says/

2. Illum

Illum

Well I would hope its 21 x 92

3. 377OHMS

377OHMS

21 years? You mean, he could be *released* at some point?

No fooking way! Are you kidding me?

4. The maximum sentence he can get is 21 years, but he can still (and definitely will) get involuntary commitment (forvaring) for the rest of his life.

5. Come on pspr you as an investor should know never trust a single source of information. Criminals in Norway can spend the rest of their lives in prison if their crimes warrant such a detention, Norway has a fairly pragmatic and fair Nordic legal system and they even lock up billionaires for faking their leisure boat captains ticket so even money will not get you out of minor offences.

6. Lucrum

Lucrum

The OP is right 21 years is their max sentence for anything, including mass murder. Go liberalism!

7. Ricter

Ricter

You should read this:

http://no.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forvaring

8. loik

loik

No, he could get something called "forvaring" for the rest of his life.

9. So the guy is obviously guilty of mass murder. In the Captains world he's already been executed. Next!

10. Lucrum

Lucrum

Hmmm, I'm gonna have to look that up. Admittedly I got my information from the evening news, and they said he'd be out in 21 years.

Edit: I see lil' Ricky has already provided a link. You're too good to me Ricky.

#10     Jul 24, 2011