Norway's $1 Trillion Man Talks Brexit, China and Big Tech

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by ajacobson, Feb 2, 2019.

1. ajacobson

ajacobson

2. sle

sle

yc47ib likes this.
  3. dealmaker

dealmaker

"YS: We tend to shy away from the storytellers and look for those who are numbers-focused."

I had read an interview with another manager a few months back and he was strictly looking for storytellers...

Last edited: Feb 3, 2019
  4. Nobert

Nobert

5. Maverick1

Maverick1

"YS: We tend to shy away from the storytellers and look for those who are numbers-focused."

(proceeds to tell a story...)

djames and apdxyk like this.
  6. Nobert

Nobert

But, how else , one ( in his position / during interview ) , could give an example of someone, whos doing that all the time ( too often ) ?

( maybe i just got the context wrong, pardon if so)

7. Maverick1

Maverick1

The issue isn't that others are storytelling too often or too much. The issue is that YS himself tells stories about Brexit, tech and regulation, China's shadow banking etc, while refusing others their own stories. One might say, well he may have data to back him up. Really? What data does he have to back up the idea that the UK will be in Europe 10, 20, 30 years from now? He's a storyteller himself, and is blissfully unaware of the irony...

SunTrader, apdxyk and Nobert like this.
  8. Nobert

Nobert

He has 5 PHD's , phylosophy included ; as much as i agree with you on this, hmnn, doesn't sound logical for him, to loose the ability , to reflect on himself, from the 3'rd perspective, yet, there's corelation ( most likely, just a guess ), for ones ability to diminsh to do that without ego interuption , as the achievements in life - gets bigger and bigger.

9. apdxyk

apdxyk

Back in the good, old days of floor trading, those were always welcome on the trading floors, so traders could place bets on how long they would last. They would always come with their 'system', make 15 mil out of 1 quickly, just to lose it even quicker afterwards. Did he earn that trillion? Is it his money?

10. Nobert

Nobert

The reason that i mentioned PHD's had nothing to do with :

* His ability to make profits
    * His skills of wealth managment

I mentioned those because of :

He as a person, with, most likely higher IQ than avarage man ( just a quess tho ), should be aware of his ego , getting out of control & him being to cocky/ proud/ in denial of his own flaws ( ? ).

As a phylosophy person, he probobly is familliar with,for example, works of Marcus Aurelius & stoicism is general, thus the chances for him being one of the storytellers , that he talks about, are small.

But as i wrote previously :
    * all of us, measure those in different ways

I absolutely believe and agree with that.

Isaac Newton, blow up with stocks as well, nobel prize winners in economics get award, next day Enron goes bust, Long-Term Capital Managment , with the team of nobel prize winners as well, got busted away too etc.

My childhood friend, dentist, wanted to go long BTC,. Now he avoids speaking about that.

#10     Feb 3, 2019