Norway publicizing each taxpayer's income & wealth

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by TraderZones, Oct 23, 2009.

1. There are some countries' sovereign fund are controlled by appointed financial persnal, not by central bank.

#31     Aug 8, 2010
  2. piezoe

piezoe

Thank you, Martin. You have much better information than I (are you Norwegian?). I learned everything I know about the Norwegian Central Bank Operation from their nice website. What I was referring to was:

When administrative matters are discussed, there are two staff representatives, elected by the employees, on the Board.

But I missed the part about "When administrative matters are discussed." So obviously these elected staff members don't have any say in monetary policy.

What I did find to be very interesting is that besides the Board they have that 15 member Supervisory Body elected by Parliament, and according to the website those folks do have some oversight power to influence Bank operations, but I suppose they ordinarily are going to defer to the recommendations of the Bankers. Can you imagine the fight the U.S. Fed would put up if the U.S. congress proposed a similar arrangement?

#32     Aug 8, 2010