Norway Buys Greek Debt as Sovereign Wealth Fund Sees No Default

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by ASusilovic, Sep 9, 2010.

1. They will make just one mistake that will cost them as much as they have earned so far or even more. The same that happens to speculators. Actually they have already made the mistake, it is the belief that they can maintain high growth by just exporting to others, investing the proceeds and spending little to educate and modernize their ancient culture. Sure ticket to disaster. All failed empires made similar mistakes. They placed way too much emphasis on making money and paid too little attention to their structural problem.

#11     Sep 10, 2010
  2. emg

emg

norway will be putting the funds in their doomsday seed vault

#12     Sep 10, 2010
  3. Do you know how much Americans have in the same type of deposits? Interesting.

#13     Sep 10, 2010
  4. #14     Sep 10, 2010

5. I need a Ph.D from Saint Louis Univ to decipher that info:)

But I gather that the deposits are about 5 trillion. Let us see, according to CIA fact book the pop of Greece is about 11 Million. USA is about 307 Million. Thus, 16K per person deposits in the USA. Greece comes out to about 25K. This means that Greeks are way more rich than the average American, or am I doing something wrong?

#15     Sep 10, 2010
  6. Define risky and safe...

Enron? BP? C?

The USD?

#16     Sep 10, 2010
  7. [​IMG]
    Default lies not in the stars but in this sword I'm gonna shove up your.....

#17     Sep 13, 2010