Norton IS Interfering with IB?

Discussion in 'Networking and Security' started by Arnie, Nov 8, 2006.

1. Arnie

Arnie

I just moved my IB and Ensign to a different computer with Norton Internet Security and I'm noticing that the charts aren't updating as quick. I get these little gaps on 1 min charts. I had this same setup on a computer with McAffee and never noticed a problem. Is there a way to configure Norton IS to eleminate this?

2. Not that it helps, but I believe Norton and McAfee are both owned by Symantec, so a very similar product, sorry. I think you should give it the boot period.

3. BSAM

BSAM

You mean that he should reboot his computer?:eek:

4. No I meant he should uninstall and use better products.

5. BSAM

BSAM

(I was being sarcastic.)

I agree 100%.

6. Your pun was so good I thought I was being unclear.

7. I use eSignal & Ensign and Norton had given me intermittant problems in the past. Try this, it's free and seems to be just as good...

http://www.avira.com/

8. kowboy

kowboy

In my opinion Norton uses a lot of resources. Also they will only allow limited hard drive backups before they cancel your subscription. I have two backup hard drives and they said I was using the product on too many computers. No refund, no sympathy. No problem here with McAfee.

They did me a favor.

9. If I'm getting delayed quote refreshing on news releases or any kind of fast move with TWS, is the likely culprit memory? Or a java issue?

#10     Nov 8, 2006