Norton AntiVirus2003

Discussion in 'Networking and Security' started by patefern, Mar 29, 2004.

1. Thanks to all that replied:)

#11     Mar 29, 2004
  2. rwk

rwk

Everybody badmouths Norton, probably because they are a market leader. But I got it with a new system bought in 11/2001, and it has intercepted quite a few email viruses, and as far as I can tell, I have never been infected.

#12     Mar 29, 2004
  3. Phreedm

Phreedm

I believe one needs to uninstall with the cd installed to remove all traces of Norton Anti Virus.

Say that 3 times fast. But you get the idea.

#13     Mar 29, 2004
  4. Only a true loozer would not pay for the very best anti-virus protection.

Free antivirus?

LMAO!

These clowns talk about how much money they pull out of the market, yet won't pony up $50.00 bucks to protect their computers?

Too freaking funny.

#14     Mar 29, 2004
  5. nonam

nonam

When you get a new puter with "free" 90 day norton they plant popups in your puter so they can harass you if you dont renew.And they are just too tricky with their "live update".I have had untold trouble with live update.Norton are way too invasive.They should be able to do their job without messing with other programs.AVG is the way to go.
    I have norton works pro which I want to instal on my puter but I am too dumb to figure out how to strip off the antivirus.I know the antivirus is going to mess with other programs wether I want it to or not.

#15     Mar 29, 2004
  6. Look, I don't know if you are a new trader or not.

But......

Can you imagine Tiger Woods buying cheap clubs?

Or Barry Bonds cheap batting gloves?

Or Kobe Bryant cheap shoes?

If you aren't a computer expert yourself, then HIRE ONE YOU CHEAPSKATE!

It is just too damn important not to have professional anti-virus installed, and updated regularly.

People go for the cheap "free" shit, it is a loozer piker mentality.

If you can't afford the best, how the hell do you expect to be the best?

Our computers are to trading what bats, shoes, and gloves are to professional athletes.

Do it right, and if you can't do it yourself, hire someone who can.

#16     Mar 29, 2004
  7. nonam

nonam

AVG does the job as well as Norton without the extra hassel so AVG is better.I havent tried McAfee but its probably better than norton.
    But Norton costs $50 so it must be best right?

#17     Mar 29, 2004
  8. You miss the point entirely.

A firm that is well funded is going to spend the time to make sure they have the best products, the best updates, and the fastest responses.

Go ahead and use cheap shit. Be my guest if/when you do get slammed with a brand new virus or worm and can't get support and updates for your "free" shit.

You know, people who buy high end cars pony up for Lo-jack and On Star.

Go figure.

#18     Mar 29, 2004
  9. nonam

nonam

Wow!I am impressed.You must be somebody.Ordinary subscribers get diddly squat from norton support.

#19     Mar 29, 2004
  10. gee sys un install that POS ;

go wit AVG!

whats prob dude??!

what part of F R E E

dont ya understand??!!

#20     Mar 29, 2004