North Korean Malware ‘Typeframe’ Discovered By US Government

Discussion in 'Politics' started by vanzandt, Jun 16, 2018.

1. vanzandt

vanzandt

Wonder what Trump will say about this. At least we "discovered" it. Not sure if that constitutes "more winning" or not.

North Korean Malware ‘Typeframe’ Discovered By US Government
    Just days after the historic summit between the US and North Korea the US Department of Homeland Security identifies malicious activity originating from the North Korean Government, this was based on a report released on Thursday.
    It would seem there is a new variant of Malware called TypeFrame. The report stated that the malware will be able to install additional malicious programs, proxies and trojans, modify firewalls and connect back to a command and control server. Most malware follow the same pattern, TypeFrame is just the latest version of the malware.
    The DHS has issued a new alert due to North Korea’s malicious cyber activity. DHS also pointed out that the nation is trying to hack every other country around the world since 2009. The US also suspects North Korea as being the source of the WannaCry attack that caused damage to Russia, Ukraine and UK’s National Health Service.
    “This malware variant is known as TYPEFRAME,” according to the report by the DHS Computer Emergency Readiness Team, noting that “the US Government refers to malicious cyber activity by the North Korean government as HIDDEN COBRA.”
    This is not the first time for the US to blame North Korean Hackers saying they have targeted major nations.
    “Since June 2017, DHS and the FBI have publicly released 11 national cyber awareness products associated with North Korean government malicious cyber activity; four joint Technical Alerts (TA) and seven joint Malware Analysis Reports (MAR),” a DHS spokesperson told CNN.
    “DHS pursues a model of ‘collective defence’ in cybersecurity, meaning government and industry take collaborative, tangible actions together to mitigate threats and reduce the most serious, enduring and collective strategic cyber risks to the United States and to our international partners,” the spokesperson said.
    https://latesthackingnews.com/2018/06/16/north-korean-malware-typeframe-discovered-by-us-government/

2. What does Trump have to do with malware?

I had a fly in my house today.
    Perhaps that was Trump’s fault too?

3. vanzandt

vanzandt

Well, if I just had a Summit and we all sang Kumbaya together and then I turned my back and they totally fucked me with some serious stuff like this.... I'd be f'n pissed off. He didn't have any problem chastising Trudeau for that....and that was f'ing nothing. Pretty in your face insult if you ask me. Its a fuckin act of war really. And before you even say it... I know it was going on before Trump. But its time to stop if we are going to have this new era of normalized relations. They're a f'n enemy state. And he needs to make that crystal fucking clear. Stay out of our power grid or we level your palace. And your fat ass will be in it when we do. Some MAGA with some teeth in it... not a bunch a BS.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2018
    Frederick Foresight and Cuddles like this.
  4. Cuddles

Cuddles

meanwhile
    https://www.informationsecuritybuzz.com/expert-comments/trump-scraps-cyber-czar-position/

“The removal of the cybersecurity position will leave the Trump administration flat footed the next time a major cyber event does happen. In situations where minutes matter, the most prepared person in the room almost always carries the day. In a room full of decision makers with no cyber security background and a general who is in charge of fighting cyber wars, it is a foregone conclusion as to whom will have the strongest voice in the room.

“Every cyber event will become a military issue with a military solution. Regardless of the efficacy of the position or those who occupied it, the fact that the position existed demonstrated a commitment to understanding, managing, and responding to cyber threats in a way that was on par with the other major global issues of the day. The absorption of that position into someone else’s duties makes cyber outside of the military context an “other duties as assigned” mission. This will lead to a marginalization of the knowledge and strategy.”

5. Only if it was one of those metallic-looking flies that are drawn to shit. Then, yeah.