North Korea Vows nuclear strikes, Battle ship sunk.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by KINGOFSHORTS, Mar 26, 2010.

1. maxpi

maxpi

Right on, we need people like you to speak out in person, not just on message boards! Spread your message bro!!

#31     Mar 27, 2010
  2. Ok, Captain Hyperbole,
    A battle ship is one that generally carried over 2,000 men.
    The South Korean ship carried somewhere around 100.

Calling that ship a battleship is like saying that a Geo Metro has 14,000 horsepower

Or that a Blue Bird All-American school bus can carry up to 18,000 students.

I'm glad you stopped at battle ship. You could have gone farther and said that it was a carrier battle group.

#32     Mar 27, 2010
  3. a battleship?
    It was a patrol boat. if it really were a battle ship, it wouldve been a bigger fuss

#33     Mar 27, 2010
  4. Battleship, patrol boat, aircraft carrier.. One country's military sinking any vessel in the open sea operated by the military of another country is an act of war.

Is this how WW3 starts? Is the Cheonan our generation's Lusitania? Could be, them Koreans is crazy.

#34     Mar 27, 2010
  5. AK100

AK100

Don't get confused with Hollywood reality when it comes to war. There, the good guys with their superior firepower always win. But then they're always American :)

But in a real battle, it's doesn't always work that way.

#35     Mar 27, 2010
  6. Pekelo

Pekelo

OP is an idiot:

...military officials said there was no indication so far that the North was involved.

"There is no clue yet on any North Korean involvement."

"For now, it is not certain whether North Korea is related" to the incident...

...officials were investigating various possible causes: an attack by a North Korean torpedo boat, a mine or an explosion of munitions aboard the ship.

...North Korean ships were unlikely to be in the area, a presidential official said.

#36     Mar 27, 2010
  7. Surprised there has been little talk/consideration that perhaps the DPRK laid one or more mines that caught the South Korean ship:

"The DPRK has a credible mine warfare capability. There are numerous small surface ships that are capable of delivering mines within both the navy and civilian sectors. Mines will be used to defend against amphibious assaults, defend strategic ports, and provide seaward flank protection for land forces. Defensive mine fields will be monitored by coastal observation teams and radar, and they will be supported by well emplaced artillery and missile batteries. This will make close approach and mine clearing operations extremely hazardous. DPRK has a large inventory of older technology mines, significant historical experience with their effectiveness, and, most importantly, the willingness to use them ....

Submarines, most of which are of the 20-some Romeo-class, are outdated and slow, but they are sufficiently capable of blocking sea lanes. These vessels could attack ROK surface vessels, emplace mines anywhere within the ROK maritime territory, or secretly infiltrate commandos into the South. "

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/world/dprk/navy.htm

#37     Mar 27, 2010
  8. wait until the Brits will shoot down one of the Ruskies:

"London, England (CNN) -- Rare photos of Russian strategic bomber jets purportedly intercepted in British airspace show Moscow's war machine is becoming increasingly bold, analysts said Thursday as Russia denied any territorial violations.

Britain's Ministry of Defence released images it said were taken earlier this month of two Russian Tu-160 bombers -- known as Blackjacks by NATO forces -- as they entered UK airspace near the Outer Hebrides islands off Scotland's northwest coast.

It said the March 10 incident, which resulted in crystal clear images of the planes against clear blue skies and a dramatic sunset, was one of many intercepts carried out by British Royal Air Force crews in just over 12 months.

"This is not an unusual incident, and many people may be surprised to know that our crews have successfully scrambled to intercept Russian aircraft on more than 20 occasions since the start of 2009," Wing Cdr. Mark Gorringe, of the RAF's 111 Squadron, said in a statement."

#38     Mar 27, 2010
  9. Yeah, I read that article too. Seems like they are probing the UK defenses to see how responsive they are..... Definately some strategic/military planning going on out in the east.

#39     Mar 28, 2010
  10. It was an explosion that had nothing to do with North Korea...South Korea and USA already stated this.

#40     Mar 29, 2010