North Korea - Military Confrontation or Not?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by hapaboy, Apr 7, 2003.

1. How will the issue with North Korea be resolved?

Is the North's military too strong, the risk of massive civilian casualties too high, the possible intervention of China too risky, and the greatest unknown - the number of nukes the North possesses - too much for the US and any possible coalition to intervene militarily? Has the window of time passed for a military resolution?

On the other hand, is diplomacy a realistic option when dealing with the regime of Kim Jong Il? Can the US and its allies afford to allow N. Korea the time to build (more?) intercontinental ballistic missiles?

Your views please.

2. I posted this a few minutes ago and already have over 1200 views......:D

3. yaeh but no one's voting

4. "yaeh"...yerr wright...

5. Babak

Babak

Ba-Haha aha HA! It is I the mighty Mod manipulating the numbers (polls, views, etc.) Bow down before me!!

(and bring your finest meats and cheeses)

6. msfe

msfe

Is diplomacy [appeasement] a realistic option when dealing with the regime of G. W. Bush´s born-again imperialists ? Can the international community afford to allow the U. S. time to build more weapons of mass destruction [nukes, MOABs, Daisy Cutters, cluster bombs, landmines etc.] and intercontinental ballistic missiles?

Your views please.

7. Start your own thread please.

8. Man I knew these polls were RIGGED! :D

But geez, fix that view number would'ja?!? (Offering Spam & Provolone)

9. I had no intention of "shaping mass opinion" by using the word "regime." I don't know if you were insinuating as such, but in any case, so as to remove doubt, I would gladly edit the post and remove the word, but more than an hour has passed so ET's controls will not allow me to do so.

Kim's method of government is undoubtedly brutal, dictatorial, and based on fear. Calling it a regime or not won't change that at all.

So I'm sorry about the semantics if that was bothering you, but I don't feel it would make a difference in the poll.

10. What's the matter? Aren't Spam and Provolone to your liking?

When are you going to "fix" the view numbers, or do I have to throw in some Vienna Sausage and Cheddar-In-a-Can? :)

#10     Apr 7, 2003