North Korea may fire a missile toward Hawaii

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ByLoSellHi, Jun 18, 2009.

1. Technically, Kim Il-Jong has the means, which has less to do with the state of the North Korean peoples' health.

Again, I advocate any solution whereby the already brutalized North Korean people are NOT subjected to more tragedy, but that guy is truly irrational - either in that he's truly insane or inasmuch as he'll push us too far - firing a rocket that has the capacity to hit any part of the U.S. towards the U.S. will severely ramp up tensions like nothing else before.

#21     Jun 18, 2009
  2. I agree with you. But one thing that you need to understand is that we assume he is insane because that is the way our media portrays him.

If you lived in the Middle-east, the media will portray Bush as a Hitler figure and a invader. Everyone's perspective is different.

I really think that nuclear weapons are defensive weapons. North Korea wants them so it will prevent stronger neighbors or the US from bullying them.... nothing wrong with that. I have a tough time believing that countries obtaining them do so for offensive purposes. I mean its a suicide mission.

North Korea's tough talk, if true, is nothing more than a sign to tell the US to get off it's back. I say this in many posts... someone should be telling the US what weapons we can and cannot have considering we are the only country to deploy nuclear weapons on a civilian population. How would we like it if China in 100 years told us what to do... we would be rebellious too!

#22     Jun 18, 2009
  3. LEAPup

LEAPup

A former Marine Oficer here will say that it all eventually gets to a ground conflict (if you want a success!)

Our guys are tired, and really don't need to be fighting in N. Korea. Not now... It would be very bad!

That's where a good Scout and Sniper come in. Our Govt. needs to find that select N. Korean who can and will finish the job, as we're not "allowed" to kill the idiot ourselves via one shot one kill.

I say a nice .50 cal in mr. Ill's chest would be great!

#23     Jun 18, 2009
  4. I think there is merit to the argument that all of this aggression is linked to a passing of the gaurd in North Korea. If he really is appointing his son as successor (26 years old), this could be an attempt to boost morale in North Korea by showing military might and the ability to stand up to the rest of the world (much like how Ahmedinijad's (sp?) supporters are proud of him for standing up to the USA). This is important for the current regime just in case the North Korean people wake up and realize that things could change now that the lunatic is gone.

That being said, maybe this guy is just a complete fuckin nut job and has a death wish for his country.

#24     Jun 18, 2009
  5. And yet under your beloved George Bush, several members of the "Axis of Evil" have ADVANCED THEIR NUCLEAR CAPABILITY by leaps and bounds over the past 8 years . . . namely North Korea and Iran.

#25     Jun 18, 2009
  6. What's wrong with negotiating with people and being respectful to others? Sometimes you bow to people in other cultures.

War should be the last resort. Only if you are willing to send your own son to should it be seen as a option.

North Korea hasn't done anything to us... let's not get ahead of ourselves.

#26     Jun 18, 2009
  7. pupu

pupu

#27     Jun 18, 2009
  8. #28     Jun 19, 2009