North Korea may fire a missile toward Hawaii

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ByLoSellHi, Jun 18, 2009.

1. Analysts: NKorea's Chemical Arms as Grave as Nukes

"The independent International Crisis Group said the North is believed to have between 2,500 and 5,000 tons of chemical weapons, including mustard gas, phosgene, blood agents and sarin. These weapons can be delivered with ballistic missiles and long-range artillery and are ''sufficient to inflict massive civilian casualties on South Korea.'''

http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/2009/06/18/world/AP-AS-Koreas-Nuclear.html

#11     Jun 18, 2009
  2. The problem is that Seoul lies only 30 miles or so from the border. With this small a distance it doesn't matter if NK has a missile or not, damn it can shoot a nuke from a cannon and still hit Seoul.

Therein lies the "beauty" of NK's strategy-not nuclear deterrence per se, but nuclear blackmailing - "I may not have the power to strike you, but your pal is my hostage" - this kind of thing.

The only sensible way to deal with this situation, therefore, is to kill the "royal family"from within, using north koreans, and therefore force the country into some sort of situation like Nepal was in back in 2001. Of course someone has to seize control of all the nukes, if there's any, which is a daunting task itself.

#12     Jun 18, 2009
  3. TGregg

TGregg

Such hostility and sabre rattling, oh my. No, what we need is a wide coalition of countries to sit down and negotiate with this nutj. . . err. . . dear leader. He's just misunderstood. And angry at Bush and all the terrible things the Evil USA has done to him and his countrymen. Especially that part about Haliburton invading them to steal their oil!

Yes, a carrot and stick approach is called for. The carrots being lots of gold, and the stick being a non-binding resolution from the United Nations Security Council. Maybe even (dare I say it? I must!) a strongly worded nonbinding resolution! Aye, it is a horror almost beyond imagination to contemplate, but tough times call for tough action.

Or we could threaten to send Hillary over there.

#13     Jun 18, 2009
  4. With the relationship the US and North Korea have had, can the US really afford to be seen as meddling in North Korea's affairs?

#14     Jun 18, 2009
  5. I fear if that ever happened, North Korea would cease to exist.

Russia and China do have some clout with North Korea, lets hope they are successful.

#15     Jun 18, 2009
  6. Why can't the CIA send somebody in to take this asshole out?

How about exploding shoe lifts?

#16     Jun 18, 2009
  7. I seriously doubt that they would attempt such a thing

That would be an invitation to their funeral

This is nothing more than them playing their 'missile' play card to get more international aid

#17     Jun 18, 2009
  8. Never underestimate the pure insanity of this man:

[​IMG]

He will do it. I'm serious.

#18     Jun 18, 2009
  9. Wow... some of you think a country that cannot feed its own citizens can threaten US on American soil?

What propaganda are you listening too?

#19     Jun 18, 2009
  10. Regardless, I am sure Barry Obama will apologize (perhaps at the UN) for any North Korean aggression.

#20     Jun 18, 2009