North Korea going bonkers and Obama presidency, any correlation?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ChkitOut, Jun 14, 2009.

1. I said NK is china's bitch

#11     Jun 14, 2009
  2. Mis read you

China will not aid Korea with nukes in any way

#12     Jun 14, 2009
  3. no but they aid them in other ways

#13     Jun 14, 2009
  4. True,but the only threat from NK is them selling nukes or using them on SK or Japan

As of now Obama is doing the right thing imo.Clinton and Bush paid them off and they still made nukes,so paying them off does not work and they will continue that strategy until somebody puts a stop to it

#14     Jun 14, 2009
  5. that's what I'm saying, you can't stop them, china will make sure they continue on their path

#15     Jun 14, 2009
  6. Illum

Illum

Bush for all his talk about axis of evil, never cracked down this hard. Remember all the carrots he gave North Korea. By the end of his presidency he was damn near praising them. North Korea has warned over and over that harsh restrictions placed on them would be seen as an act of war.

China- look at their position here. They voted for this, then immediately said don't do it. So basically "yes we will vote with you to put in place harsh conditions such as searching vessels, but don't actually do it." They know this could be a mess.

I used to talk to guys coming back from Korea all the time. To a man they said they would be overrun in minutes. A million men vs their little outpost. They would take all of Korea in days, before we could even respond. If we were to honor our arrangement with the South we would have to invade. A tremendous loss of life trying to take a beach head. Not to mention all the deaths from those who could not retreat fast enough form the dmz.

This is not Obama is a pussy, very much the opposite, he is cracking down quite hard. I hope they know something we don't. Either they are confident North Korea is just running its mouth or they can take him out quick. Japan... those poor people have been the only people on earth to have an atomic bomb dropped on them, and they are in the cross hairs again.

Now we can say this. Every President is tested early. So maybe North Korea is just running its mouth and testing the waters. What if this guy is really is a lunatic though? I hope we have something planned for him.

To add, I don't like Obama. I worry he is damn close to communist, but his foreign policy has been incredible. He has Pakistan fighting the Taliban and Israel backing down and agreeing to a Palestine state. It would only make sense he has this under control and they know exactly what they are doing. I.e no war.

#16     Jun 14, 2009
  7. Israel has agreed to a Palestinian state countless times.

they don't respect Obama.

reports out of Pakistan have been ugly, but their military is
    large. This is the real powderkeg.

#17     Jun 14, 2009
  8. +1

North Korea posses no threat to the U.S.

Get off the neo-cons a$$.

#18     Jun 14, 2009
  9. Someone should be telling our government, what we can and cannot have. Maybe one day China will tell us how to live our life and conduct our foreign policy. Let's see how well that goes.

Why can the US have nuclear weapons, if we are the only country to have ever used them on another population?

Who the hell are we to say who can and cannot have nuclear weapons? Why the hell are 50,000 American troops stationed in South Korea? We need to stop policing the world.

#19     Jun 14, 2009
  10. I say called their bluff Force N.Korea to act foggy and jump

And if they do jump watch S. Korea wipe them off the map.

Good Riddance

#20     Jun 14, 2009