North Carolina Dem Proposes Background Check For Dog Ownership

Discussion in 'Politics' started by JamesL, Apr 26, 2013.

1. Eight

Eight

#21     Apr 28, 2013
  2. Ricter

Ricter

#22     Apr 28, 2013
  3. LEAPup

LEAPup

But I have a now VERY old female pit bull rescue who had three litters of puppies over a decade ago when I rescued her, not to mention she was "raised" by a kid, loves everyone, and everything in life? A mean bone she wouldn't know. She's always been a lazy dog who jumps off HER couch to greet me when I come in the door. Other than that, thieves could empty the house as she lays on the couch wagging her tail. Btw, did the RCA dog-a pit bull-ever attack anyone? No, didn't happen. Petey from the Little Rascals, a pit bull. A pit bull who spent his life working with kids. An attack? Never happened. These dogs were raised by RESPONSIBLE people when common sense was common...

In 2013, we have out of control minorities strutting around with dogs they've MISTREATED into being menaces as they deal drugs. Not my problem as my dogs have been raised CORRECTLY vs blacks dealing crack. One is a VERY elderly female pit bull, and the other is a small Boston terrier. BOTH are as harmless as a marshmallow.

Last, how are you close to our Founding Fathers with this kind of thinking? Kill a dog as it's a "menace?" How about holding the REAL menaces responsible, i.e., Trash, and drug dealing trash who neglect/harm dogs who happen to have muscular genetics? Your thinking is akin to banning ALL guns to stop school shootings. Your thinking is EXACTLY why I carry a charged Glock 26 (12+1 rounds), with Hornandy +p critical duty when I walk an elderly dog, who loves everything on the beach. Very sad I've gotta carry a gun to protect a dog who's far, FAR from the stereo type you've been trained to "know."

#23     Apr 28, 2013
  4. ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No, is not the dog breed and is not the owner. This dogs are running in the (PACK). Why are the dogs running in the (PACK) with no control?
    I have the labrador/pitt mix of breed, and my brother have mastiff mix of breed. They are very loyal, very smart, but they are dogs. We do not give them that freedom to run all around to the neighbors or become pack. But we do not put them on the chain in the yard to have no freedom. We walk them on the leash, we run them in the yard or the parks to have their freedom. They have the house to sleep in on the floor with us, so not putting them outside alone in the night. We play all the time with them, and train them with commands to listen., and love them. But they are dogs, so we know they can not run free in the pack.

#24     Apr 28, 2013
  5. Max E.

Max E.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/mmg1aY6_AJI?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

#25     Apr 29, 2013
  6. Well, she is right. Dogs are pack animals generally. I don't know about pit bulls, they may be the exception. A pack of dogs is very dangerous, unless maybe they're toy poodles.

#26     Apr 29, 2013
  7. I have a neighbor with a pit bull similar to yours. Rescue animal that was badly mistreated at some point, but now is almost overly affectionate. Provided she knows you and doesn't see you as a threat.

One of the sweetest dogs you will ever be around, but she has to be restrained if another dog is anywhere near. Probably she was trained to fight and that is the leftover damage.

#27     Apr 29, 2013
  8. Lucrum

Lucrum

I'm no dog expert myself but if I'm not mistaken Caesar Milan seems to think pit bulls have been given a bad rap and generally speaking problems with them are more the fault of the owners and the dogs treatment/training.

#28     Apr 29, 2013
  9. We don't need background checks for dog ownership. What we is is VERY STRICT punishment for abusing animals and practicing the fighting of dogs. Far as I'm concerned the death penalty would be appropriate, but I'd settle for long prison terms.
    Like everything else in this god damn country, we don't enforce the fucking laws we have.

#29     Apr 29, 2013
  10. Eight

Eight

Personally, I carry a knife, it's legal, the blade locks, it's a throat-cutter essentially, straight in and out to the side, very sharp high quality blade... I have a pepper spray too but that might just really piss off a dog.. I've pissed off a really mean dog with a flashlight at night and what I saw was truly frightening: 150 pounds of German Shepherd that wanted to rip my head off barely containing itself.. I got away... with my underwear intact if I recall correctly, maybe I had to change come to think of it. My idea is if I have to kill a dog I have to kill a dog, not my idea of a good time at all. They have weaknesses: if you can get to their back legs and pull them out sideways they will need a trip to the vet before they can ever walk. When they are in packs one will distract you while another one tries to separate your achilles tendon so you have to focus on just one dog at a time.

I'm thinking if a dog pushes a situation to where I have to kill it then the asshole that lets it run loose might need a trip to the doctors as well..

When I lived in the desert among a lot of military people it was pretty common for them to just shoot loose Pit Bulls, it wasn't like they didn't have the guns for that job. All these idiot urban people think that's a huge crime against God and mankind... nobody ever got arrested for shooting a Rot or a Pitbull that I know of.

#30     Apr 29, 2013