Noonan: Maybe The People Are Cooking Something Up

Discussion in 'Politics' started by pspr, Nov 5, 2012.

1. pspr

pspr

Who knows what to make of the weighting of the polls and the assumptions as to who will vote? Who knows the depth and breadth of each party’s turnout efforts? Among the wisest words spoken this cycle were by John Dickerson of CBS News and Slate, who said, in a conversation the night before the last presidential debate, that he thought maybe the American people were quietly cooking something up, something we don’t know about.

I think they are and I think it’s this: a Romney win.

I suspect both Romney and Obama have a sense of what’s coming, and it’s part of why Romney looks so peaceful and Obama so roiled.

http://blogs.wsj.com/peggynoonan/2012/11/05/monday-morning/

2. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Is it just me or does anyone else want to say her last name as they're trying a putt from 5 feet?

3. pspr

pspr

I think it is pronounced 'new nann'.

4. :)

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/VWsI43PHEPg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

5. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

I have to apologize for making a joke on this thread, pspr. That was a positively outstanding blog entry from Peggy Noonan. I even sent her an email telling her how good it made me feel. We still might lose tomorrow, but for now, I feel better because of that blog.

I also noticed an earlier blog entry she wrote that said some of the local GOP organizations were running out of Romney signs, so someone suggested putting an empty chair on their front lawn. It speaks volumes, she said.

So tomorrow I am going to do exactly that. I'm putting out an empty chair on my front lawn.

6. Another possibility:
    Should none of the candidates win 270 electoral votes, the 12th Amendment kicks in and the election is decided by the House of Representatives. The combined representatives of each state get one vote and a simple majority of states is required to win. This has only happened twice. Presidents Thomas Jefferson in 1801 and John Quincy Adams in 1825 were elected by the House of Representatives.

Something is cooking and it may boil over. If this thing goes any other way than a clear decisive victory for one or the other, all hell is going to break loose.

7. wjk

wjk

Could be, CO. Lots of tension.

As for Noonan: A lover scorned regarding O man.

8. Saw a flash on CNBS... "Irish bookies already paying out on Odumbo win".

9. TGregg

TGregg

Before that happens, we'll have to redistribute billions to lawyers. If it is anywhere near as close as I think it'll be, lawyers'll have this thing continuing for a month.

10. gtor514

gtor514

Yeah, it's a good blog post by Peggy. I think she's right, something is up. If you listened to the mainstream media (I've been listening to Bloomberg all day, yuck) they've already called it for Obama. But, I remember in 2004 the media called it for Kerry before the election closed. I remember watching Bush walk off Marine 1 on election day and he looked liked he heard what the MSM was saying and believed it. Five hours later it was a different picture.

It's 2004 all over again, the MSM is calling this thing for Obama because that's what they want to believe. The arguements for a Romney win are good because the look into the numbers and question the enthusism gap, count the early voting and question the skew of the polls. Bottom line, I'm not listening to the MSE.

#10     Nov 5, 2012