Noob to Prop Trading with a Question about Broad Street Trading

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by Av8rdan, Jun 5, 2012.

1. I think the misunderstanding about it being "too good to be true" is that, while they may not hold you liable for losses more than your $5,000 deposit, they will assuredly not let you lose more than that $5,000. Their risk mgmt software will cut you off before you hit $0.

The way I read your initial message it sounded like you thought they would let you keep losing money.

Now you can see that they will certainly make _some_ money off of you from commissions, platform fees, etc.

#21     Jun 8, 2012
  2. zdreg

zdreg

1. you have a very thin skin. this is not a fortuitous sign for future success.
    2. your due diligence and research skills are lacking. you should have known of the existence of the other thread that questions whether broad street is still in business.

#22     Jun 8, 2012

3. Boy, you chewed out Don pretty good. Lol.

There goes your chance to roast marshmallows and sing Kumbaya w/ The Don.

#23     Jun 8, 2012
  4. He's still invited to the roast, and I know you'll be there, LOL.

Don :)

#24     Jun 8, 2012
  5. rvg

rvg

I know russian guy who has increased his account since 3500 to 70 000 for 5 months. Now I am trading with him through chat but pennystocks is not mine. But yesterday they make the short SYNC from 14 It was not a pennystock trade.

#25     Jun 12, 2012
  6. Great, glad to hear it... we need more positive stories.

Don

#26     Jun 12, 2012
  7. rvg

rvg

But 70 000 were only the remain of his profit because fees were 35 000 :D
    His prop loves him. It have been this year. This profit is from beginning of 2012.

#27     Jun 12, 2012
  8. Hey Don, Here's a good story for some inspiration for new traders:

A new scalper at Broad St. (funny enough that the thread is about them) that went through their scalping program got the firm thrown a route that will rename nameless (don't want to give away who it is) He took home over 6 figures in his first 6 months scalping until he got the whole firm kicked off the unnamed route as well.

The guy is still trading in an unnamed NYC office. He's a greater HFT trader (focuses on NOK and BAC mostly) makes about 1000-1500 a day.

To give you an idea of how it's worked out, he's paying up to $1 markup on all the ECNs (on top of the super tier) and doing about 10m shares per month. Just one of many successful traders still out there doing the 9-5.

A guy I know in Boston is pulling in 50k per month off that strategy so for all those that bitch and complain that scalping is no longer a relevant strategy, you couldn't be any more wrong. Him and another trader in the group are making 2-3k per day on average. You just need the right rate structure to make it work.

#28     Jun 12, 2012
  9. But here is the deal...who trained him?

ES

#29     Jun 12, 2012
  10. rvg

rvg

Books,Internet, practice,practice and practice again. He has made himself. This is Russia,there are a lot of guys who don't have enough money . They have to work so hard for success.

#30     Jun 12, 2012