NonFarm Payrolls Forecast at -868 000 Jobs

Discussion in 'Economics' started by plugger, Mar 5, 2009.

1. ElCubano

ElCubano

technically, he was correct in saying that all his closing trades where winners....so bring that mo-fo back and bust out ET's finest meats and cheeses.....

#31     Mar 6, 2009
  2. wavel

wavel

All this talk of meat and cheese is making me feel very hungry.

However, imagine how rich all those economists who correctly predicted the economic data are now. :D

#32     Mar 6, 2009
  3. ET doesn't have meat. Just cheese and whine :)

#33     Mar 6, 2009
  4. Dining on the those very finest meats and cheeses as we speak, perhaps? Speaking of which, Cheese Futures anyone? Should go float this to the Merc, see what they say...

#34     Mar 6, 2009
  5. wavel

wavel

Not just at this moment my friend, however I'm feeling quite partial to a couple of slices of cheese on toast, which in England is considered as somewhat of a delicacy for the impoverished. :)

#35     Mar 6, 2009
  6. Wait a sec, seeing as how I am a resident of Ye Olde Great Britain meself, you can't slip these sorts of things past me :) . It's beans on toast for us proles, n'est ce pas?

#36     Mar 6, 2009
  7. If GM goes BK, which looks more and more likely, unemployment will jump to a monthly million plus in a blink. Chrysler will go down immediately afterwards. The steel industry will suffer mass layoffs while GM restructures itself. I suspect unemployment will reach 12% by years end under that scenario.

#38     Mar 6, 2009
  8. Not a bad number . Could have been much worse. The economy seems to have found a bottom.

#39     Mar 6, 2009
  9. TGregg

TGregg

No longer content to be dead wrong on the markets, ST3 is now eager to branch out his throughtlessness to economic indicaters as well.

#40     Mar 6, 2009