Nonfarm payroll up 39,000 in Nov., rate at 9.8%

Discussion in 'Economics' started by ASusilovic, Dec 3, 2010.

1. S2007S

S2007S

NASDAQ IN THE GREEN!!!!

minutes away from rally.

#11     Dec 3, 2010
  2. S2007S

S2007S

Dec 3 10:00 AM Factory Orders Oct - -2.0% -1.3% 2.1% -
    Dec 3 10:00 AM ISM Services Nov - 53.0 54.5 54.3 -

If ISM is above 55 the market goes for huge gains!!!!

#12     Dec 3, 2010
  3. Bob111

Bob111

the dollar is in deep shit today after those reports..that's why everything is up

#13     Dec 3, 2010
  4. canmo

canmo

All this unemployment issue is just getting more ugly, look here:
    ftp://ftp.bls.gov/pub/suppl/empsit.cpseea1.txt
    since last year (Nov. 2009) - the 'non institutional' population grown by 2 million (from 236,743,000 òî 238,715,000 ) , but 'employed' grown by 500,000 (from 138,381,000 to 138,888,000 ). The rest of numbers doesn't matter - yes, 'unemployed' didn't grow , but it's just an accounting trick - the rest considered as 'no in labour force' - whatever..

#14     Dec 3, 2010
  5. rc8222

rc8222

Oduma interpretation of these new unemployment numbers,"Were turning the corner on the economy". "Now let me get back to my pickup basketball game".

#15     Dec 3, 2010
  6. canmo

canmo

Interesting - the link I used for years to get updates about US unemployment(it was getting updated every month) - ftp://ftp.bls.gov/pub/suppl/empsit.cpseea1.txt - it doesn't exist anymore, starting 2011.
    It moved and available now under this link: http://www.bls.gov/web/empsit/cpseea01.htm .
    And, I was just curious to see how we get 9% of unemployment in Jan/2011 - I note quite interesting things:
    1. Non-institutional population in Jan/2011 went down (185k) in Jan/2011 from Dec/2010. It's amazing - in this table it's a first time ever (since 1976) , that US 'non-institutional population' goes down. And it's good for unemployment statistics.
    2. 'Not in labor force' number has grown more then 300k in Jan/2011 vs Dec/2010 and it's highest ever - 85 million 518 hundred thousand US citizens who are able to work are not even trying to find a job. And it's good for unemployment statistics too.
    3. Number of 'unemployed' went down by 622,000 in Jan/2011 vs Dec/2011. This number is most amazing out of all - and it's best for the unemployment statistics - 622,000 less 'unemployed' in one month, and we're talking about January! God bless everyone who was working hard in government statistics office to achieve this!! Just keep doing same effort for next 24 month and all unemployment will just disappear in thin air!!!

The rest of unemployment details we're flooded by media aren't important - bottom line - it looks the situation doesn't improve despite whatever effort is done - increase deficit spending, QE, China currency rate(which is, btw, going up significantly for whole last year and continuing to rise now), protectionism laws, etc.
    What's next - food stamp will probably replace $ as reserved currency if this trend continues? Or it will be a law that everyone in US gets gov. cheque for $10,000 every month in addition and regardless of their salary? And all possible downpayments - for car/mortgage/etc. will be at least 90% of the price and paid and garanteed by lender, backed by FED ? And if you buy electric car and contribute to green energy, gov. will subsidize you by full amount + 50% you paid/contributed for that?

Or, may be US will back to real life from spending nirvana and stop spending like there is no tomorrow? Just a few steps, guys - stop lending and supporting bunkrupts(either banks/companies/persons), set a common-sense law for oil/commodity stock exchnages to make oil/commodity delivery for 'buy' contracts upon expiration, decrease - at least gradually - 'bank deposit insurance' to 0 in 2-3 years, stop subsidizing 'green energy' by tens or hundreds of billions(leave a millions for institutional research funding, like for the rest of science researches) , etc.. It will be painful, but patient at least will get hope this way..

#16     Feb 7, 2011
  7. "Don't bug me about employment/deficits/Egypt, etc. . I'm busy playing golf on the public's nickel"

#17     Feb 7, 2011