Nonfarm payroll up 39,000 in Nov., rate at 9.8%

Discussion in 'Economics' started by ASusilovic, Dec 3, 2010.

1. HAHahahahahahahahaha !

Ridiculous !!!!!!!!!!!

2. pupu

pupu

Much better than expected!

Unexpectedly good news!

Buy BUy Buy

Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

3. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

this should be sufficient to get the market talking about QE3 which, in turn, should be enough to cause a ramp to 1250 by close.

4. Who needs a job when you can buy yourself the mini Fed money printing machine for Christmas?

[​IMG]

5. S2007S

S2007S

I was actually really surprised by these numbers, I was falling into the hype that this number would have least been above 125k+.

Anyway this was a HUGE miss but I can almost guarantee you that the market at one point during the day stages a comeback, if it does I will be somewhat baffled.

Just keep notice how the market trades today, the last 2 days the market has gaped higher without any pullback at all. Just watch the pulling and pushing on days the market opens lower such as today, there tends to be a huge amount of volatility on down days than up days.

6. S2007S

S2007S

This jobs number today will also lead to another round of unemployment extensions to the 2 million people losing them in the next couple of weeks.

7. S2007S

S2007S

Semis just turned green

:p :p :p :p :p

8. Odumbo, the Labor Department and the Dems are saying..... "Unemployment Benefit checks can NEVER be stopped!

(Don't you just wonder how big the Pension checks will be for the permanently unemployed?)

9. S2007S

S2007S

ISM figures in 20 mins will be good which will totally erase any negativity in the job numbers.

10. NY_HOOD

NY_HOOD

everything about that jobs figure was grim. the ISM might help initially but at the end of the day the market cares about jobs and they just are'nt there. you can only cut costs and increase production so much.
    this is suprising because i would think Novemeber would be strong given the Holiday shopping season so retailors and manufacturers need the extra help. bad number and a grim reality check.

#10     Dec 3, 2010