Noncompliance Kneecaps New Zealand's Gun Control Scheme

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Tsing Tao, Jul 9, 2019.

1. #51     Jul 11, 2019
  2. These are made in the USA.

#52     Jul 11, 2019
  3. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

I did not know that. I'm not a big shotgun guy myself. Friend has a Spas that I've tried. That's a lot of fun.

#53     Jul 11, 2019
  4. LS1Z28

LS1Z28

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_intentional_homicide_rate
    I wasn't just talking about gun homicide rates, I was talking about overall homicide rates. Our overall homicide rate is about 3X higher than Canada's, 4X higher than England's, 8X higher than China's, etc.

The reason I brought up gang related gun homicides is because I think they skew our numbers significantly. Gun homicides make up about 75% of our country's homicides. If 80% of gun homicides are gang related, that means that they're responsible for more than half of all the homicides in our country.

#54     Jul 11, 2019
  5. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

They absolutely skew the numbers.

#55     Jul 12, 2019
  6. wjk

wjk

Probably the same part of the word that many of the people streaming across our borders don't understand.

#56     Jul 15, 2019
  7. UsualName

UsualName

I don’t understand why this is a skew. It seems like a normal distribution to me.

#57     Jul 16, 2019
  8. LS1Z28

LS1Z28

Gang violence skews the way others view our country. I've heard people from other countries say that they're afraid to travel to the U.S. because of all the gun violence here. They don't understand that the vast majority of our gun violence happens in the inner cities, and the rest of our country is very safe.

Our homicide rates would drop dramatically if we could find a way to stop gang violence.

#58     Jul 16, 2019
  9. UsualName

UsualName

Well I’ve been to England and seen the hooligan gangs for myself and let me just say if they had access to gun then gun homicides would be the normal distribution, not the skew.

The point is, it is not the gangs that is the skew in our murder numbers, its murders are a normal distribution in a society with uncontrolled guns.

#59     Jul 16, 2019
    Tony Stark likes this.
  10. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Gun control works to stop crime in the UK because they don't have hundreds of millions already on the street. It won't work here because we do.

#60     Jul 16, 2019